• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

I am attempting to burn WAV files to a CD using Music Disc Creator however when the  "Audio CD Burn Setup" window appears I am only given the option to "save a disc image file". When I uncheck the disc image file box "ok" is also grayed out and I can not burn the disc. If I burn the disc using the "burn audio cd" tab within Easy CD & DVD Burning there are no issues and I can create the disc. Would appreciate any thoughts of what might be causing this.  I am using Windows 10 OS. Thank you

Attached Images

• Roxio.JPG

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:48 AM

Go here  http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/121536-burning-cd-disc-at-once/  and read post #4.

#3 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

Not good news, but thank you...

#4 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

The issue, as I see it, is that Music Disc Creator isn't seeing a CD-R drive in your system.  Please let us know the make model of the Optical (DVD/CD) drive in your system.  Is there any possibility that it's not a writer, and only a read device? 

If it recognized a writable drive, it would list that drive, in addition to the image option.

Edited by d_deweywright, 21 December 2016 - 02:54 PM.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,081 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

Mark,

I'm afraid that my old post re DAO is not relevant to your problem. Please disregard it.

The problem is that your software is not recognizing the presence of a burner. Three possibilities come to mind here:

(1) You don't have a burner, as Dave Deweywright suggested?

(2) Windows 10 is not recognizing your burner and hasn't enumerated it (a problem Windows 10 sometimes has)

(3) The Roxio software isn't recognizing the burner. (rare, nowadays)

Would you please

- answer Dave's question as to make and model of your CD/DVD drive

-go to This PC in your Windows 10, and see if Windows is listing a burner drive, like this

thispc.jpg

-Then let us know what you see. If it's cause 2 or 3, we can fix it.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

Since the Burn Data Disc works OK for you, a band-aid fix might be to do the Disc Image then use the Burn Disc Image program to do the actual burn.

But if it can be fixed, that would be best ;)

#7 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hello again,

I just happened to check back on this post after having purchased Creator NXT5 with the same result and was surprised to see that there were additional posts. To answer the above questions I have two writeable drives:

LG External Super Multi DVD Re-Writer GE24LU20

Internal DVD +-RW GU90N

Both show up as DVD RW Drives, are not recognized by Music Disc Creator but recognized when using Burn Audio CDs within NXT5.

Thanks for any additional troubleshooting you can provide!

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hello Mark.  If Windows 10 is recognizing your burner drives then the problems I listed as 1 and 2 don't apply and don't need fixing.

I've not previously seen the situation where the 'Burn Audio CDs" module sees burners but Music Disc Creator [MDC] won't.  I've been off line hammering Creator 2012 and NXT 5 but I can't provoke the same problem you're seeing. I suspect it's something to do with your machine if NXT 5 hasn't fixed the situation you discovered in Easy CD & DVD Burning.

Burn Audio CDs is a Sonic module, whereas MDC is a Roxio APP, so the problem might respond to the 'fix' we use for problem #3 - Roxio software doesn't see the burner drive.  It involves reinstalling Roxio's PX drive recognition engine.  No guarantees, but you might consider it worth trying. It doesn't take long to do.

Please see the Corel Knowledgebase article here for information on downloading and applying the PX Engine installer. Several of the KB articles have broken links now, but this one still seems to work.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#9 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:52 AM

Hi Brendon,

Gave it a try but same result. It was worth a shot!

Thanks anyway.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Try this post # 6 and follow it to the 'T' if you don't understand what I'm explaining to do ask please.

http://forums.suppor...post__p__374534

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#11 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

Thanks. I went through them all this morning with no change however would appreciate your thoughts on the following descrepencies:

Resolution 3 - Fix Corrupted Registry Entries - UpperFilters were not Found. I did delete lower filters as instructed. Should these filters reappear after re-starting? If so, I did not see them.

Resolution 5 - Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers - IDE/ATAPI Controllers were not found even after showing Hidden Devices. Could they be located somewhere else or could this be the issue?

Thank you

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Thanks. I went through them all this morning with no change however would appreciate your thoughts on the following descrepencies:

Resolution 3 - Fix Corrupted Registry Entries - UpperFilters were not Found. I did delete lower filters as instructed. Should these filters reappear after re-starting? If so, I did not see them.

Resolution 5 - Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers - IDE/ATAPI Controllers were not found even after showing Hidden Devices. Could they be located somewhere else or could this be the issue?

Thank you

Did you  do what I asked you to do in post # 10?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#13 MarkHalp

MarkHalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

Yes, I tried this as well....

Attached Images

• SnipImage.JPG
  • Burn.JPG

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

Showing me a screen capture of the PX engine doesn't help.

I'm not interested in what else you tried!

I'm only interested if you did what I asked you to do in post # 10 and followed it to the 'T'?

cd

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users