brinker

Windows 10 - Writing 97% Complete Message , But No Writing

Question

I have been hitting my head against the wall for the past week over this issue. Using Windows 10 with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus, when I try to write a mpeg file generated by the application, I receive a message about adjusting trim points, and then one about "Exporting to DVD", which halts at 97%. Nothing is actually ever written to the DVD though. Has anybody else stumbled upon this problem, or knows of a remedy?

thx

10 answers to this question

Nothing gets written to the DVD untill all the rendering is completed. How long do you wait athe freeze point?

You are trying to compress 90 minutes of video onto a DVD that will only hold 60 minutes of best quality video. Auto-fit does a horrible job of doing this and creates all sorts of problems. You could try "spanning across multiple discs" and retain the high quality

Are you running the updated to W10 version of the program?

Edited by myguggi

@Digital Guru, I am running the Windows 10 version of the program. Are you suggesting that I need to wait a few hours before any writing will begin to the DVD? I believe I left the computer on all night once, but nothing happened.

binker: First thing to try is a repair.

Remove your USB Capture Device

Insert your disc and run Setup

When it asks if you want to Repair, Yes!

Reboot

Then you want to try the limits we suggest (1 hr for a normal DVD).

There is a post on how to Split a Project, HERE

Would you try that making 2 Projects that are LESS than One hour in length. (give them new names)

Then Burn one of them and let us know what happens. ;)

I have already tried the repair so to say. The Corel rep indicated that I should uninstall everything, reboot, and reinstall. I was then also told to try creating a new user and burn from the new user. None of these approaches yielded any different results. I will try writing simply 1/2 an hour of content to a DVD as a next test. If this works, I will purchase a stock of DL DVDs which I will likely require for my projects. I'll post an update soon.

I would not rely on the DL DVDs to work all the time. Splitting the video over 2 DVDs is a much better option.

Do you really need to create DVDs? After all DVDs and DVD players are slowly disappearing. Many computers no longer have DVD burners included. Live streaming/external hard drives, etc offer other options to burning DVDs

Edited by myguggi

Yep, that was it. Somehow I could not burn more than an hour of content onto a single single layer DVD, thought the program said that things were ok. I'll need to buy some DL DVDs this afternoon here as I'll need to record approx 2 hours per disc. I believe that DVDs are still the most versatile option as almost everyone still has a DVD or Blu-Ray player (which accepts DVDs). Thanks for looking at this differently.

Glad to hear you got it working!

Make a note to yourself about Span. It is great but... If you are using 4.7 GB discs, however it will not work if you try split with a 2 hour project. No warning or indication that it won't but we know it does not :huh:

I am having the exact same issues - I could capture video from my VCR - but when I went to convert it to DVD - it would hang on the 97% mark. Also spent 4 hours with Customer Support and they were not able to solve the issue. My video was 45 minutes in length that should have easily fit on a DVD. I since installed the software onto my Laptop - it sent the video files to the DVD without issue, so there is something on my Desktop that is having issues with the Roxio software. I do have the latest and greatest version of the software. Any ideas?