2 replies to this topic

#1 dean007

dean007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

All,

Please help.  I open the Roxio Creator Suite Home  and click "Create DVD" and I get error message "Unable to load  skin".

Any suggestions.  

Paul

#2 scificdn

scificdn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

Hi!
I use EMC 8 and was having the same error (as well as DAO, visual CC+, etc.).  Cleared those but was frustrated by the "unable to load skin" error.  I just checked my Roxio folders and couldn't find MYDVD.  I might have clobbered it doing a Custom (instead of Express) install when I was eliminating the Roxio Media manager library.  So try this:
Start/Control  Panel/Add Remove Programs
Scroll down and single click Roxio Easy Media Creator 8
Select "Change"
In the dialog box that comes up, select "Next"
In the dialog box that comes up, select "Modify"
Scroll through the list of installed features until you get to Video Wave and My DVD.  (As you move through each feature, you should see along the side, a message saying how much disc space this feature requires.)  Installed features say 0 kb required.  Mine said 7500 Mb required.
Have your Roxio disc handy and click on the arrow beside Video Wave/My DVD, then select
"This feature will be installed on local hard drive"
Finish the install procedure.
Good luck
Scifi

#3 kirkifer

kirkifer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:56 AM

Yep,

This should fix it.  I got the same error message after running the Norton utility to unistall the Norton Internet Security Suite.  The Roxio suite was repaired through the Control Panel and install disc and now it works.  

There is some speculation that people running Norton are experiencing problems with Roxio.  I think my experience helps solidify that argument.  :)
Thanks,

Kirkifer

Sony Vaio
1.44 Mhz P4
512 MB RDRAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
NVIDIA graphics card GeForce FX 5200
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE
No longer using Norton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users