ZacE

Capture And Edit & Share Fail - Windows 10

Question

I have a fresh PC Windows 10 n Home.

A NVidia GTX 750 ti

Its a brand new machine (Steam and Minecraft installed). All updates are installed for both OS and Graphics Card.

I've installed the Roxio software(Went fine)

If i click 'Capture' I get 'Roxio Media Capture has stopped working'

I've attached a screen grab of the failure from Event Viewer.

If I click 'Edit & Share' I get 'There are insufficient graphics capabilities for the application to run' - 'Your video card driver may not fully support Directx 9.0'

My card GTX 750 TI supports DirectX12.

Please help, I'm failing miserably here, shouldn't be this hard..

post-131150-0-28707900-1483292686_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

With all applications shutdown especially antivirus & firewall software, run the installation disc and choose repair when offered, reboot the PC when finished.

Thanks cdanteek,

I've just done as instructed. Turned off firewall and disabled windows defender.

Running the install from the CD automatically stops as it knows that what i have installed is a newer version.

I chose to ignore this and rand the install to overwrite. Once complete it then wanted to update to the latest patch 2.1 I believe.

I rebooted the PC as suggested and then plugged in the USB to the RGC.

The problems are still present.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Same instructions as before except make sure the Roxio Capture Device is unpluged from the beginning until after the last reboot add and extra reboot and update to 2.1 . Download and run this for the repair it's the updated Sp2 whole program 453MB. Then reboot let it check for update 2.1 apply, reboot then plug in the capture device and see how if it works?

Download Service Pack 2.0 (7.4 MB)What's New?

Once the patch is downloaded, unzip it to your Desktop. Make sure Roxio Game Capture HD PRO isn't running, then double click on the RoxioGameCaptureHDPROServicePack2.0.exe file to install it and reboot your computer once completed.

About the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO Service Pack 2.0 Update:

• You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Roxio Game Capture HD PRO.
  • You must be a registered user to download the Service Pack.

Cheers,

Just tried the suggestion.

Still coming up with the original error. 'Roxio Media Capture has stopped working'

Losing the will to live on this one. Any other ideas?

Are your NVidia GTX 750 ti settings set to default or have you tweaked them?

All the settings are at default. I have tried turning off 3d acceleration to see if that would make any difference.

Are there any crash dumps that may help Corel find what the problem is?

I haven't given up yet, wondering if the shop(Maplin) will accept it back as it's clearly not working with Windows 10 and my hardware.

If i cant get this to work whats a good alternative to the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro?

Update, for anyone reading this in the future. The roxio capture is not compatible with Nvidia gtx750 ti. Developers have been informed to try and add support.

Update, for anyone reading this in the future. The roxio capture is not compatible with Nvidia gtx750 ti. Developers have been informed to try and add support.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Are you running the game on the PC and using the RGC on the same PC? (should work though)

Can you try it with another source, like a DVD or BD Player?