5 replies to this topic

#1 Perclady

Perclady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hello!

I've been using Roxio for many years, and just purchased NXT5 a few days ago. I created a Videowave project using .MOV files, and when I tried to export the project (in several different formats), they all had the same issue - the audio didn't sync with some of the shorter video clips in my project - it was delayed. The playback, however, on the preview screen in the Videowave project editor has perfect audio. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Dominique.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

Odd as it sounds, in VideoWave, try setting Tools - Options - Render to Software. The default is Hardware and sometimes it just does not work. In Tools, there is also something called Roxio AVC Smartcode. Turn that OFF as well.

Another trick is to place a lot of Splits in your project. Let's try putting them at 5 minute intervals. I that doesn't help, put more in between (2 1/2) those.

Let us know!

#3 Perclady

Perclady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately none of them worked. The audio in the final output is still out of sync on the shorter clips. If it helps to see it, I've uploaded it to YouTube:

The first instance of noticeable delay is at 0:59. It's intermittent after that.

Dominique. 

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

I really liked the reactions to the Salt - Vinegar flavor :D

In desperation, please try running your Source Files through a converter program then put them into VideoWave.

One such converter we like is Any Video Converter: HERE

#5 Perclady

Perclady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Is there a particular file extension that works better in VideoWave other than .MOV?

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

No!

It is expected to swallow all with equal distaste :lol:

Just so you know, i was editing a 2 hour recording last night that consists of 3 files. (FAT32 cards are limited to 4 gb files). There are hanging issues (video stops but audio continues) for the last 1/2 of the last file... Used the Any Video Converter and the new file has reduced the effect enough that I should be able to make my edits.

Moral? sometimes it's just the file ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: audio, sync, issues, videowave, delayed, export, output, .MOV, out, project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users