• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MikeCA

Hd Blu-Ray Plugin On Toast 15

Question

Hello,

I purchased the HD Blu-Ray plugin for my Toast 11 installation after purchasing a Blu-Ray Burner. I had considerable trouble with Toast 11 running on Sierra; it continually crashed and I wasn't even able to get to the point where I could try burning the disc.

I decided to upgrade to Toast 15; do I need to purchase the plug-in again? I noticed that when installing it for Toast 15, it says Toast 11 during the installation.

I have a late 2015 21" iMac, with 16Gb of RAM.

Thank you,

Mike

4 answers to this question

Ah, Thank you! I was just concerned that a DVD that I was able to create won't play in my set top box, now my iMac. But I believe I saw another post about this issue.

Thank you again, theoldarchiver!

Ah, Thank you! I was just concerned that a DVD that I was able to create won't play in my set top box, now my iMac. But I believe I saw another post about this issue.

Thank you again, theoldarchiver!

A question here, from a PC guy. The PC versions of software will make a Blu-Ray disc out of a DVD disc, but I did not realize that Mac products did it too. My question is, why would you not use a Blu-Ray disc?

1. The cost of BD versus standard discs.

2. You would also need to purchase a BD player/recorder that has the requisite BD software.

The drawback to using standard discs is that they hold only a small amount of BD content.