• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tompaint

tompaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

When doing a burn it gets 97% completed then ejects DVD and says please insert recordable DVD. I know DVD works and disk is good. I have Windows 10 operating system. Help! Please

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

When doing a burn it gets 97% completed then ejects DVD and says please insert recordable DVD. I know DVD works and disk is good. I have Windows 10 operating system. Help! Please

How do you know that the disc is good?  What brand?  Is it new and out of the (cake)box?    What are you trying to burn?  How long  is the video  if it is a video?  The 97% may just be the encoding and prepare to burn the last few percent may just be the actual burn although the 97 % may not be the actual right number.

Any other errors (numbers)? What operating system?

If it is Windows 10,  have you ever successfully burned a disc?    Please provide the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer.  Follow these directions and attach the text file created by the program in your reply.

Edited by sknis, 10 January 2017 - 09:00 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 tompaint

tompaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hey thanks for responding. Windows 10 I tested burning a home movie trough cyberlink program to same disk that Roxio VHS to DVD plus program reject say put a writable disk in and the disk has nothing on it. I got the home movie to trasfered to computer. The disc I'm using is Memorex R+W I have had them for a while maybe 2 to 4 years but they been the case and not used it all. The link that the home movie is about 38 minutes. Which I know I'm going to have to get a bigger DVD to hold a two hour movie but just doing a test with a 38 minute movie. I have a bout 45 H-8 videoCassette tapes. To transfer to the computer then burn them to DVD. Tom

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:51 AM

Memorex is not the media to use... Sitting on a shelf, in a sealed package does not stop deterioration :o It is the adhesive holding everything together that deteriorates and that leads to oxidation of the recording layer.

But I don't think this is the issue with what you are seeing. I have seen similar issues. In some cases they my errors - trying to burn a DVD with data for a CD or vice versa :blink:

Other times I have had a Project that simply would not burn on one PC. Took it to another, using same disc and no problem... Never really tried to track it down.

But try it with a better quality disc ~ Verbatim (Singapore) and Taiyo Yuden (JVC). The size of disc should follow these guidelines:

4.7 GB = 1 hour

8.5 GB = 2 hour

Don't try to cheat them ;)

Let us know what you find.

• tompaint likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD burn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users