• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 HP-Ray

HP-Ray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

I have Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 Build: 2.4.33a pre-installed on my HP dv8000t laptop. Burned dozens of DVDs with no problems for months. Over the last few days, during burning- process stops around half way through. The program exits, and I get 3 dialog boxes-

Mediahub.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0076215f" referenced at "0x1e2cfbab". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: ...ommon Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

If I run the app and then exit without doing anything, I get the same 3 dialog boxes- with different hex values in the first box.

I have uninstalled and re-installed twice, including a "clean" re-install as outlined elsewhere in this forum. I contacted HP on their live chat, and they have no useful suggestions.

I went through anything that looked helpful (searched for "mediahub" and "R6025" in Google) and followed some of the suggestions I found including driver update for my GSA-4084N drive- mine was current/ made sure DMA was enabled- it was/ and I am using media that I have used before with no difficulties.

Thank you in advance for any help on this frustrating issue!

#2 HP-Ray

HP-Ray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:11 AM

A little update...

Based on another post, I tried rolling back WMP 11 to WMP 10. Ran the app, and the same thing happened- just after burning about half, the process stopped and I got this data dump from the "advanced" info button:

Sense: 02  ASC: 04  ASCQ: 08 (Command 00)
-------------------------------------------------------
Px.dll: 2.7.27.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.67.0
PxMas.dll: 2.7.27.500
PxSFS.DLL: 2.7.27.500
PxWave.dll: 2.7.27.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

BTW- I am running XP Pro and Norton Internet Security 10.0
Turning off Norton does not seem to make a difference...
Still running IE 6.0- never attempted to upgrade to 7.0

Strangely- since rolling back WMP, I do not get the 3 dialog boxes with error messages upon exiting the app, but I still cannot burn a DVD.

Thanks again...

#3 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

View PostHP-Ray, on Nov 13 2006, 03:11 AM, said:

A little update...

Based on another post, I tried rolling back WMP 11 to WMP 10. Ran the app, and the same thing happened- just after burning about half, the process stopped and I got this data dump from the "advanced" info button:

Sense: 02  ASC: 04  ASCQ: 08 (Command 00)
-------------------------------------------------------
Px.dll: 2.7.27.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.67.0
PxMas.dll: 2.7.27.500
PxSFS.DLL: 2.7.27.500
PxWave.dll: 2.7.27.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

BTW- I am running XP Pro and Norton Internet Security 10.0
Turning off Norton does not seem to make a difference...
Still running IE 6.0- never attempted to upgrade to 7.0

Strangely- since rolling back WMP, I do not get the 3 dialog boxes with error messages upon exiting the app, but I still cannot burn a DVD.

Thanks again...
Those "PX" errors can usually be fixed by running the PX Engine update. Try this one
http://docs.sonic.co...ine2_08_40d.exe
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#4 highroyds

highroyds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

I get simular problems ever since I installed WMP11, but my error messages are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've ran the program that Larry suggested but thats not fixed the problem.

#5 Ray in Des Moines

Ray in Des Moines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

I'm having a very similar problem and have looked all over the Internet with no solution. I have been burning in DVDs and CDs since March of this year. I use them to back up my files. Now I have no way of doing that, as my Roxio comes up the following message and then closes, when I click OK (the only option):

Buffer overrun detected!
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe

Then I have to click OK and the Roxio window closes...

Why doesn't Roxio have a solution for this? I've checked all their forums, and left them e-mail as well. They had a patch for a similar problem, on one of the forums,  but it doesn't help this problem.  They don't answer any e-mail...
  Hope Roxio will come up with a solution to this. The Roxio was insatalled with Mediacenter on my Sony computer.

Edited by Ray in Des Moines, 19 November 2006 - 04:10 PM.

#6 highroyds

highroyds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

View PostRay in Des Moines, on Nov 19 2006, 03:56 PM, said:

I'm having a very similar problem and have looked all over the Internet with no solution. I have been burning in DVDs and CDs since March of this year. I use them to back up my files. Now I have no way of doing that, as my Roxio comes up the following message and then closes, when I click OK (the only option):

Buffer overrun detected!
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe

Then I have to click OK and the Roxio window closes...

Why doesn't Roxio have a solution for this? I've checked all their forums, and left them e-mail as well. They had a patch for a similar problem, on one of the forums,  but it doesn't help this problem.  They don't answer any e-mail...
  Hope Roxio will come up with a solution to this. The Roxio was insatalled with Mediacenter on my Sony computer.

I purchased a Sony laptop with Roxio MediaCenter pre-installed, I've found out that the MediaCenter is not compatible with Windows Media Player 11, so once I rolled-back to WMP 10 its now working perfectly.  If you haven't installed WMP11 then I guess it'll mean that you may need to use another program for burning or if you have got WMP11 on take it off.  :)

#7 Ray in Des Moines

Ray in Des Moines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, highroyds. I have Windows Media 10 installed, so I guess it's a bye bye to Roxio from me. Too bad. I have been using their products since before they were owned by Roxio. I was using one of the earliest versions of Adaptec Easy CD Creater when I first had a CD burner. It's a shame that Roxio can't get a fix for this problem. I tried their Roxanne program for help and it didn't have a clue what to do. I tried to check with support, but it looks like they wanted $35 to help. If I'm wrong about that let me know how I can get help from them, without the charge. My Roxio software came with my Sony Media Center computer, which I've had only since early this year. There should be free support for that. Sony has been on the phone with me for hours, over the last few weeks. They tried all they could to fix this Roxio software problem. It's still not working.

#8 ellisA

ellisA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:20 AM

Getting this same problem on my HP Pavilion media center PC.

Anybody found a solution to this problem? Definitely a conflict with WMP 11 and DigitalMedia Plus v7 after upgrading wmp. When I roll back to WMP 10, to memory errors on DigitalMedia program termination disappear.

#9 George B

George B

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:10 AM

View PostellisA, on Dec 4 2006, 08:20 AM, said:

Getting this same problem on my HP Pavilion media center PC.

Anybody found a solution to this problem? Definitely a conflict with WMP 11 and DigitalMedia Plus v7 after upgrading wmp. When I roll back to WMP 10, to memory errors on DigitalMedia program termination disappear.
I am too getting the media hub exe error everytime i close digitalmedia after i installed windows media player 11 ! This is frustrating and why wont roxio or sonic do something about this ?

#10 highroyds

highroyds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

:)-->
QUOTE(George B @ Dec 8 2006, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am too getting the media hub exe error everytime i close digitalmedia after i installed windows media player 11 ! This is frustrating and why wont roxio or sonic do something about this ?
[/quote]

I think its because they want people to upgrade to the latest Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite, thats why they're not bothered about users and their problems with WMP11 and Digital Media Hub.

#11 Kevin J

Kevin J

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

I've installed WMP11 on my XP box and have seen the errors you're receiving but only when I close the software. While annoying, it doesn't seem to be causing problems anywhere else and isn't a major priority. Nevertheless, I have written up a bug report. It may be as simple as changing a registry entry, I'm just not sure at this point. If you're experiencing problems elsewhere because of WMP11 please let me know exact steps on how to reproduce.

Thanks
Kevin

#12 George B

George B

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

View PostKevin J, on Dec 8 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

I've installed WMP11 on my XP box and have seen the errors you're receiving but only when I close the software. While annoying, it doesn't seem to be causing problems anywhere else and isn't a major priority. Nevertheless, I have written up a bug report. It may be as simple as changing a registry entry, I'm just not sure at this point. If you're experiencing problems elsewhere because of WMP11 please let me know exact steps on how to reproduce.

Thanks
Kevin
It's most likely a simple registry key that you might have to delete to get rid of the error everytime you close digitalmedia but the problem is trying to find the key ..I talked to sonic support on the phone and they told me to revert to wmp 10 or upgrade to easy media creator 9 and i told them i didnt want to do it and asked them if they are gonna come out with a patch and they said they didnt see anything in the horizon..Ive tell you sonic is a bunch of greedy bastards and im really angry at them ! After i paid good money for the digitalmedia deluxe 7 version for them to tell me this !  :)

The only hope i guess that might fix it would be for windows media player 11 to come out with an updated version and hopefully that would get rid of the error just like it does when you roll back to wmp 10 ! Hopefully there are some people outside oif sonic working on a fix for this..

Edited by George B, 08 December 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#13 George B

George B

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

Now it seems i cant even registered on sonic support to email them about this because everytime i register it tells me that its gonna send me a password which it never does..Ive registered 4 emails already and i keep having the same problem .. :)

#14 pcstark30

pcstark30

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:34 AM

GeorgeB- Same for me on Registration/Log-in- No Email Ever Arrvd!!; Set-up/Used wife's Email Address name  and it worked/Wonder if a Hotmail address use is taboo-Try a new address there. There is a $30 Special for DigitalMedia Studio Deluxe 7 (not Suite) that's normally $100 - Is that a potential Upgrade Solution to the problem? Says 10GB required, 20+GB better, and I don't know how much is Application and how much is for perceived Temp Storage as you work with Video, etc. FYI
:huh:-->
QUOTE(George B @ Dec 13 2006, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now it seems i cant even registered on sonic support to email them about this because everytime i register it tells me that its gonna send me a password which it never does..Ive registered 4 emails already and i keep having the same problem .. :)
[/quote]

#15 George B

George B

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:16 AM

View Postpcstark30, on Dec 13 2006, 05:34 AM, said:

GeorgeB- Same for me on Registration/Log-in- No Email Ever Arrvd!!; Set-up/Used wife's Email Address name  and it worked/Wonder if a Hotmail address use is taboo-Try a new address there. There is a $30 Special for DigitalMedia Studio Deluxe 7 (not Suite) that's normally $100 - Is that a potential Upgrade Solution to the problem? Says 10GB required, 20+GB better, and I don't know how much is Application and how much is for perceived Temp Storage as you work with Video, etc. FYI
:huh:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(George B @ Dec 13 2006, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Yea i tried it with a hotmail and an aol account and no password was sent..

Edited by George B, 13 December 2006 - 11:16 AM.

#16 RustyH

RustyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:29 AM

I'm having the exact same problem....have no idea how to fix it

View PostLarry, on Nov 13 2006, 06:31 AM, said:

Those "PX" errors can usually be fixed by running the PX Engine update. Try this one
http://docs.sonic.co...ine2_08_40d.exe

I have exactly the same problem...have you found a solution since your post?

#17 highroyds

highroyds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:38 AM

View PostRustyH, on Dec 17 2006, 06:29 AM, said:

I'm having the exact same problem....have no idea how to fix it
I have exactly the same problem...have you found a solution since your post?

So far the only fix is to revert back to WMP10 and not to use WMP11 with it.

The only other solution that nobody likes it to purchase the next version of the software.

They are just getting like M$.

#18 RustyH

RustyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

View PostHP-Ray, on Nov 12 2006, 11:40 PM, said:

I have Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 Build: 2.4.33a pre-installed on my HP dv8000t laptop. Burned dozens of DVDs with no problems for months. Over the last few days, during burning- process stops around half way through. The program exits, and I get 3 dialog boxes-

The instruction at "0x0076215f" referenced at "0x1e2cfbab". The memory could not be "written".

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

Runtime Error!
R6025

If I run the app and then exit without doing anything, I get the same 3 dialog boxes- with different hex values in the first box.

I have uninstalled and re-installed twice, including a "clean" re-install as outlined elsewhere in this forum. I contacted HP on their live chat, and they have no useful suggestions.

I went through anything that looked helpful (searched for "mediahub" and "R6025" in Google) and followed some of the suggestions I found including driver update for my GSA-4084N drive- mine was current/ made sure DMA was enabled- it was/ and I am using media that I have used before with no difficulties.

I tried installing the PX engine update...it didn't do anything to help...

#19 RustyH

RustyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

I tried re-installing the software...it didn't solve the problem...is there someone from Sonic monitoring these messages and fixing the problem?

View PostHP-Ray, on Nov 12 2006, 11:40 PM, said:

Runtime Error!
R6025

#20 drc836

drc836

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:20 PM

View PostKevin J, on Dec 8 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

Thanks
Kevin

All,
My Sonic Digital Media Deluxe version 6.1.3 was running fine until I installed the new Windows MediaPlayer 11 and IE v7. I uninstalled IE 7 because of error messages which cured some error messages but then I got the Runtime Mediahub.exe R6025 message we're all talking about. I uninstalled MediaPlayer 11 and rolled back to version 9, now everthing works as it should with no errors. I tried installing MPlayer 10, but it didn't work for me. Try out MPlayer 9, it should work for you too.

Kevin et al,
Your reply is a bit to nonchalant and blase' for a Rep of a large company such as Roxio. I understand you cannot test all software applications as they release but do so only when a certain percentage of your users experience the same problem.  Your message implies "no big deal", if this is so and it is trivial, it should take minimal effort to analyze and fix. No?

I agree with "George B", we consumers have paid good, hard earned money for your company's product and expect reasonable level of customer service/care. The kind of service that helps us know that the issue has been escalated inside Roxio and you are doing some testing to resolve now. This is good business if you want returning customers and to win new ones.

Edited by drc836, 26 December 2006 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users