Roxio Community

Photo

Black Screen When Trying To Use Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro With My Ps4

roxio game capture help black screen recording software black screen recording softwa capture device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Caden Curry

Caden Curry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

So let me tell you the hardware and setup I am using when trying to use my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, and then I will explain my problem:

Hardware:

-playstation 4

-Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

-Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software

- Dell P2213 Professional 22'' LED-Backlit LCD Monitor, Black
Link:
https://www.amazon.c...l monitor p2213

-2 HDMI cords

Setup:

-1 hdmi cord connects to the ps4 and goes into the input hdmi slot on the roxio game capture hd pro device.

-The 2nd hdmi cord goes into the output hdmi slot on the roxio game capture hd pro device and goes into my hdmi monitor.

-The USB cord connects to my pc from the roxio game capture hd pro device.

will i need a HDMI splitter

Black Screen When Trying To Use Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro With My xbox one

Edited by Caden Curry, 28 January 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

Do you have the HDCP disabled in the PS4?.

#3 Caden Curry

Caden Curry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

So let me tell you the hardware and setup I am using when trying to use my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, and then I will explain my problem:

Hardware:

-playstation 4

-Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

-Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software

-1 hdmi cord connects to the ps4 and goes into the input hdmi slot on the roxio game capture hd pro device.

-The 2nd hdmi cord goes into the output hdmi slot on the roxio game capture hd pro device and goes into my hdmi monitor.

-The USB cord connects to my pc from the roxio game capture hd pro device.

-I disabled HDCP from my ps4 

When I turn my ps4 on, my screen is just black then says no signal

-when I go to the roxio game capture recording software while my ps4 is on and connected, the input is set to hdmi and the status says no signal in red text.

-But when i look at the preview screen, its just black.

-When i just hook the hdmi cord from the ps4 directly into my monitor, i can see picture from the ps4 and play my games normally.

So what can I do to actually see picture instead of a black screen so i can finally start recording?

Please help as soon as possible! Thanks

and when my ps4 is off i get a blue screen 

yes all cords are hooked up right 

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,522 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

Combined

Same problem as your other Topic HERE.

Only now you have a PS4 instead of an Xbox One :huh:

The Roxio GameCap adds HDCP to the signal and it looks like your monitor is not compatible with that particular HDCP signal (there are several different ones)

The cure for that is use an HDMI splitter at the Xbox One or PS4 (whatever you are using) and run one cable to the Monitor and the other to the GameCap.

Before you run out and buy a splitter, Make sure you try your Monitor by Manually Switching it to the HDMI port that Roxio is connected to! Many monitors have an auto select and as often as not, it doesn't work right ;)

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,023 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Dell says this is the connectivity for your monitor, Dell says it doesn't have a HDMI connection!

Do you have a display port on your monitor?

http://www.dell.com/...p/dell-p2213/pd

http://www.digitaltr...layport-vs-vga/

Connectivity
  • 1 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
    1 Video Graphics Array (VGA)
    1 DisplayPort (version 1.2)
    2 USB 2.0 downstream ports
    DC power connector for Dell Soundbar (AX510 only)
    Built-in Devices USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub (with 1 USB upstream port and 2 USB downstream ports)
    Audio DC-out

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roxio game capture, help, black screen, recording software, black screen recording softwa, capture device

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users