Question

I've started a new thread. One of the features that I was really excited about is the "Record Your Screen" - but it has never worked.

I always get an error box that says:

Prepare Record Failed!!! #48

It does recognize my mic and I am able to do a "Sound Check".

However, it will not allow me to "Save to" a different folder.

I have Win7 and a GeForce GT 630 video card...

I currently use ScreenCast-O-Matic to record my screen and voice, and I have no issues with it. Let me know what other info you need

Thank you!

.post-51943-0-15904800-1485699938_thumb.jpg

14 answers to this question

Is ScreenCast-O-Matic running at the same time your trying to use Roxio Record your Screen?

Is ScreenCast-O-Matic running at the same time your trying to use Roxio Record your Screen?

no, but i thought maybe it might be running in the background in my task manager... but i cannot find it running...

i do not have ScreenCast-O-Matic open and running when trying to use Roxio to record my screen... it just doesn't work...

Edited by AtlanticVideography

I noticed the error box says Corel VideoStudio... but, I do not have Corel VideoStudio.

"Record your Screen" is actually part of Corel Video Studio tacked onto Creator NXT. See Task Manager?

post-208-0-50550400-1485721499_thumb.jpg

Did you have your other capture program installed and/or running when you first found this problem with "Record Your Screen" ?

Did you have your other capture program installed and/or running when you first found this problem with "Record Your Screen" ?

I've had ScreenCast installed for several months before installing nxt5. however, i do not run them both at the same time... Screencast is closed when trying to run Roxio Screen Record.

roxio screen capture does at least recognize my audio interface device that i have my mic hooked up to cuz it lets me test to see if my audio is recording... so, the audio (sound check) works, but it does not want to record my screen.

The Windows update that effect it are these:

Screen Capture – Prepare Record Failed!!!

KB3126587

KB3134814

KB3126593

On the systems that I have checked, I have never found all three but removal of 2 of them was enough to get it running again :D

KB3126587

KB3134814

KB3126593

On the systems that I have checked, I have never found all three but removal of 2 of them was enough to get it running again :D

Ok, i will look for those...

KB3126587

KB3134814

KB3126593

okay, out of those three... i've only got KB3126587 installed in July 31, 2016...

should i uninstall it to see if that fixes?

KB3126587

KB3134814

KB3126593

FYI, I uninstalled (KB3126587), then rebooted my PC, all to no avail... still same issue... my roxio screen capture does not work.. :(

Removing those Microsoft updates appears to have cured "Prepare Record Failed #0" in earlier versions of Creator NXT. but your system is showing "Prepare Record Failed #48" isn't it?

I saw in the Corel forums (where this software came from) that many users have been experiencing this problem, and a user was saying that the error toggled between #0 and #48 depending on whether he had his audio plug in or out.

It might pay you to do an Internet search on "prepare record failed #48", and to hop over to the Corel forum (Popular products > Video Studio) and see what they've said about it there.

Regards,

Brendon

Removing those Microsoft updates appears to have cured "Prepare Record Failed #0" in earlier versions of Creator NXT. but your system is showing "Prepare Record Failed #48" isn't it?

I saw in the Corel forums (where this software came from) that many users have been experiencing this problem, and a user was saying that the error toggled between #0 and #48 depending on whether he had his audio plug in or out.

It might pay you to do an Internet search on "prepare record failed #48", and to hop over to the Corel forum (Popular products > Video Studio) and see what they've said about it there.

Regards,

Brendon

Yes, seen both.. 0 & 48.... Many thanks to you Brendon (and Jim).. I will check out the Corel forum to see what I can find. I wanted to migrate from ScreenCast-O-Matic to the Roxio Screen Capture... cuz they charge an annual fee if you don't want the free version. :D

Btw, not relevant to this thread, but I see that Corel is offering a $20 upgrade fee to go from Aftershot 3 (came included) to Aftershot PRO 3?

Also, the "FastFlick" program that was bundled... I like it, but it's a SLLLLOOOOOW render & they only include a few templates... but apparently you have to pay extra to get the rest of the templates???

I know this is an outdated topic/issue but I had this and am going to share what I did to resolve this.

Download this patcher.( I made it. It was from VSSCAP of NXT 4)
Link Removed
then do the following
1. Click on the VSSCAP.exe file that you downloaded.
2. If a prompt appears, click on Run.
3. VSSCAP Fixer should now appear.
4. Click on Browse and go to this path: or copy and paste it on the textbox in the patcher.
C:/Program Files (X86)/Roxio Creator NXT 5/VSSCAP
5. Click on Ok.
6. Click Yes to all in the next prompt.
7. Wait for the patch to complete.
8. Restart the computer.
9. Try to record.
Also, if you are getting prepare record #48 and you try to disable the mic from the settings, you will get #0. I looked for the KB updates on my system and they were not existing so I had to find another way around.
Edited by Jim_Hardin
Removed Link - Unknown Source