Iggy228

Burned Dvd Won't Play On Computer

Question

I also need help ASAP! Like Joan, I'll make a DVD with Roxio like I've done for many years and then burn it. It also stopped playing on the computer but only on a DVD player. However, I've been using the same software and the same burner that worked hundreds of times, and only now is it happening. On the computer, it splits it into two parts - a ROXIOPLASMA folder, and a VIDEO_TS folder, but on the DVD player it works fine. I bought another computer with a new burner, and it still happens! I thought maybe the old burner was going bad, but it's happening on a brand new one. I can't figure out why something that has worked literally hundreds of times would all of a sudden change.

The other difference is that I'm not just making this for me. I make projects for people, and this particular project is for 24 people. Lots of people watch their DVDs on a computer these days. Suppose it doesn't work on their computers as well? I'll make all those DVDs for nothing. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU ALL!

3 answers to this question

P.S. - Unlike Joan 730, my DVD doesn't even show up on the screen. Her DVD shows up and she can't play the DVD, but nothing at all happens for me. Then after waiting so long, I go into "My Computer" and try to play it, but I only see those two folders I mentioned above. And like I said, it's not just me who needs this fixed. I'm also making these for other people, and I need it to work on their computers as well. Thanks again!

Iggy,

Your posts have been shifted to your own topic rather than have them hijack Joan 730's topic.

Even so, what you've said is confusing. What does "It also stopped playing on the computer but only on a DVD player." mean?

I'm getting the idea that your burned DVDs are still behaving well out in the real world on DVD players, but your machine has stopped playing then for some reason, even after you installed a new burner.

If that is the problem, can you tell me please do older burned DVDs behave in this way too, or is it just DVDs you've burned from some particular date?

Regards,

Brendon

One more question I'd like to add, what application are you using to play the DVDs on your computer? How are you trying to start the playback?