Sign in to follow this  
Spyderweb15

Splitting Mp4S Causes Red Circle With Line

Question

I was able to split the video file 3 times, but on the 4th try it took forever to split. When it finally split the ending clip had a huge red circle with a dash through it. I have updated to most recent version and am running on windows 10.

post-131323-0-38276800-1486167392_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

That indicates the clip is corrupt or unavailable... (unavailable happens when it is part of a project and is moved or deleted from its' 'known location')

The project is very short, <15 minutes, and if you are getting slow downs, it is likely the clip... Then too, could be slow PC or one that has been left on so long it has accumulated system sludge :lol:

Try a different clip to see how it behaves.

Good to reboot before editing and at least once a day. Don't multi task during editing, leave the music & videos and all else for later.

May need to run a repair on the RGC software.

Ah ok. This PC is 2 months old so hopefully it's not that, but I will definitely repair the software. I tried the exact same clip on my windows 7, same software except it was an old version and I was able to clip the whole video multiple times. Is there any known compatability issues with the updated software and windows 10 that I don't know about?

No issues with compatibility, it was Win 10 compatible before SP2.

Let us know what you find out.

I tried a different video file and it worked, everything went smooth. I didn't move the first file or anythin so maybe just a glitch. I tried the first file again after a reboot, like suggested, and it worked as well. Not sure what was different but it's good to know that my computer isn't the issue.