5 replies to this topic

#1 Swiftie4Life

Swiftie4Life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

The last time I recorded PS3 I could only do hd component cables. The Green Blue Red White and Yellow cables. But the max that can do is 1080i and that makes the color not as vibrant. Is there a way to record with HDMI on the PS3 yet, somehow? Or maybe a way to make the colors look more vibrant like HDMI does?

Or maybe, would putting it in 720p give it it's vibrant colors back?

Edited by Swiftie4Life, 05 February 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,799 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

You'll have to try 720p.  The PS3 adds HDCP to the HDMI signal, so the RGC HD Pro can't capture it.  Now, you can capture at 1080p, but the frame rate has to be 30fps, which is the same bit rate as 1080i at 60fps.  Not sure if that might make any difference or not.

Try the different settings to see if they make any difference for you.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#3 Swiftie4Life

Swiftie4Life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

I have tried to put HD component cables at 1080p. It's really weird. They dont support it. But I will surely try 720p. And i saw a video on youtube where a guy had hd components from the ps3 plugged in to the back of the cap and an hdmi plugged in the back too and plugged in to the tv. I'll see if that works also. He had it at 720p for that and it looked great.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

You can adjust the Component signal within the RGC software. Look for the 'sunshine' icon in the preview pane.

Component Input.jpg

Your internet guy wasn't right!

HDMI input will only allow HDMI output...

Component input will allow both HDMI and Component output.

Another thing to consider. Users often adjust the Game device output or the video card or even the monitor for picture. The original output source is the one that should be used for adjustment whenever possible. That will adjust for everything downstream of it. I you fiddle with the monitor adjustments they will only be right for that device ;)

#5 Swiftie4Life

Swiftie4Life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

Alright. I never knew what the sunshine button was for. Lol. I'll check that out. Thanks

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

It is only there is you are connected by Component ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users