10 replies to this topic

#1 MaaqiHS

MaaqiHS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm posting here for the first time and also I'm rather new to the video world. So bear with me :)

I'm playing on a computer with a 4K-display and would like to capture that. I have the HD Capture pro connected to another computer (for streaming) and an HDMI from the 4K computer attached to the capture device. I've tried all configurations but can't find the right one to play in 4K and send "duplicated" FullHD to the capture card on the othe computer. OBS (streaming software) shows a group of different color bars.

Any ideas?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:13 AM

I'll offer, a guess...

First if I followed your 'plumbing' description right, OBS is not working with that setup? If that is correct, you need to contact them -_- If it works OK for streaming then.

I don't know of any software that can both Capture and Stream at the same time. Don't stream, so I could be would wrong.

You will have to find a program to use on your Game PC to capture your screen while you play. Then you could capture on the same PC by using the Hot Keys of the RGC Software to start/stop Streaming. In this hookup, the other PC is eliminated and the Game PC is connected to the RGC USB.

Play around with it and let us know what works ;)

#3 MaaqiHS

MaaqiHS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

Hi and thanks for the answer

Yes and no on me being able to describe the problem properly

If I want to use my gaming computer (C1) for streaming and gaming, I don´t need the external capture card
. To share the workload I would like to play on C1 and stream on another computer (C2)

My current setup was C2 listening and looking at C1 through the capture card. Streaming software
(OBS) sees the card and is able to display what it sees from it in OBS window so it´s working "fine"

The problem is, that I´m trying to play on a 4K-display on C1 and send the signal also via hdmi to the capture card and C2. I tried all advanced settings to send fullHD to hdmi and 4K to the 4K-display, but the combo failed :(

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

The Roxio Capture Device, it is not a 'card'. A 'card' is something you put inside your computer in one of the PCI slots.

You are trying to run OBS and the RGC Software at the same time on C2? Don't think that will work, but not 100% sure it is the problem.

Let's see if we can start over and make the Roxio device work, then build out from there...

Connect the Roxio device (RGC) to C1 with the USB. Also connect your HDMI Out from C1 to the RGC and the RGC HDMI Out to your Display. With the software running, does the Display work?

Still a little confused as to whither the C1 is a laptop and the Display its' own or separate. If it is a separate display, it is possible that the HDCP signal that the RGC adds to the output is messing up the display.

#5 MaaqiHS

MaaqiHS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hi

I'm Finnish so maybe that's why it's hard to explain the situation

C1 is a desktop with a few displays and also hdmi-out to the capture card. C2 is a laptop with OBS able to see the capture card and also view what the card sees. The problem is that the card sees either another empty desktop or colored bars

Maybe the problem is the signal C1 is sending? Atleasti I haven't found a way to duplicate the displays so that I can play on a 4K display and sen the same signal but in FullHD to the capture card

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

You need to break the chain of failure...

Try what I outlined in Post #4.

Also try the RGC device with a completely different HDMI input. Use a BD or DVD Players HDMI output just to see if your Display Monitor will proper display a good signal that is being fed into the RGC and passed to the Monitor ;)

(this will show us if the Monitor is the problem)

#7 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,780 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

Let me add one more observation... the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro device only captures up to "regular" HD, 1920x1080, not 4K in any flavor.  So you won't be able to stream at 4K, or capture at 4K through the RGC HD Pro.  So, you may be sending a 4K signal to the RGC HD Pro, but it will downsample it to 1920x1080i.  (And I didn't realize it would support downsampling a 4K input signal.)

<edit on>

Now, I made a big assumption that you're sending a 4K signal to the RGC HD Pro device, and now that I think about it more, I find that unlikely.  As poorly as the RGC HD Pro device does when you try to have something auto-negotiate an image resolution, it probably will NOT accept, or negotiate a 4K signal, simply because it can't handle it.  So there is probably no way to send it a 4K signal. 

<edit off>

Edited by d_deweywright, 16 February 2017 - 11:18 AM.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#8 MaaqiHS

MaaqiHS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hi all and thanks for helpibg me out

Monitor isnt the peoblem as the monitor displays 4K games from C1 and the device is looking at an hdmi from C1

The actual problem is duplicating the signal. I havent been able to find a combo where all ports send put the same signal so I can game in 4K and sen FullHD to the device. Now as Dewright kindly noted, if I find a combination that sends 4K to all monitor ports, the device is able to downscale it. OnC2 I dont need a Roxio program to be running. If the video signal from C1 to the device is correct, then the streaming siftware on C2 sees the device as "window" it can record

Still. This leaves the problem of finding the right settings on C1

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

Sorry but you are not following me... The signal coming Out of the RGC may not be the same signal that went into it :huh:

While it is a Pass Through, it does add HDMC coding to the Output signal! So the Monitor could work straight from 'C1' yet not work from the RGC.

There are enough variation in HDCP signals that not all devices using it are compatible!

The easiest solution at this point is to add an HDMI Splitter at 'C1'. One HDMI from it to the Monitor and another to the RGC. A word on Splitters - you should only a Passive Splitter but make sure you can return it to where you buy it as not all of them work right. (I have 5 but only 2 work with my equipment)

#10 MaaqiHS

MaaqiHS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

Yes there is a language barrier :)

I did undestand what you meant, but maybe it is a different solution I'm looking for. From C1 there is a display port connection to the 4K monitor and hdmi-out to the capture device. The device shoulde be avle to see what happens on C1 Since hdmi and display port should be showing the same thing

The problem is that the monitor shows it correctly but the capture device dosnt see the image properly or it shows another dashboard

#11 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,780 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

Yes there is a language barrier :)

I did undestand what you meant, but maybe it is a different solution I'm looking for. From C1 there is a display port connection to the 4K monitor and hdmi-out to the capture device. The device shoulde be avle to see what happens on C1 Since hdmi and display port should be showing the same thing

The problem is that the monitor shows it correctly but the capture device dosnt see the image properly or it shows another dashboard

I've highlighted the key words above, "should be".  You need to prove/verify that they are showing the same thing by connecting another monitor, without the RGC HD Pro device, to that HDMI output.  You'll need to set that output to be regular 1920x1080 HD output, NOT 4K.  Once you have proven that you have your two display outputs duplicated, then attach the RGC HD Pro to the HDMI output and see what you can see on C2.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users