13 replies to this topic

#1 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

I am getting error while encoding. Any idea why this keeps on happening? I just got the NXT v14 last week. See error in attachment.

Attached Images

• error while encoding movie.jpg

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:26 AM

I am getting error while encoding. Any idea why this keeps on happening? I just got the NXT v14 last week. See error in attachment.

If you do not have a solid state drive then this is a possible solution for that error from Roxio/Corel knowledge base articles (link)

This is from the knowledge base regarding that error.(link) for menus

I see you are using the default menu.  Did you do any tweaking to it?  Have you tried a different menu?

NXT  (with no following numbers) is at least 4 versions old and is not compatible with Windows 10.   Only NXT 4 and NXT 5 are considered compatible.  Where did you get you copy of that program?

Edited by sknis, 14 February 2017 - 04:32 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

I don't have a copy. I have the original CD. Just got it from Amazon. I always want to get the original but it is not going well for me. I just checked on the box and indeed it says NXT and nothing after that and up to Windows 8 compatible. Does that mean I have to send it back? Maybe if you help me with the "tweaking" I can it to work?

I don't know what you mean by "solid state drive" - Sorry - I will take a look at the link you provided hopefully that would explain more.

"I see you are using the default menu.  Did you do any tweaking to it?  Have you tried a different menu?" I guess I don't understand this. What different menu? If you help me with that I would happily tweak a little.

#4 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

BTW here is where I got the version 14 from. I saw NXT on a different menu. Nothing on the box says NXT.

Attached Images

• Roxio NXT versionxxxx.jpg

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

It's not Creator NXT. It's Easy CD & DVD Burning, which is a cheap, cut-down,  partly-disabled version of Creator 2012.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#6 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

OMG. Then what should I do? I used to have an older version of Roxio - Had it for something like 10 years and never had any issues until I lost it just a few months ago during a move. That was before I began using this nightmare of an OS windows 10 of course - What makes a 10 year old Roxio more dependable than a new (even though cheap) version of the sw? Is Corel (The company I have trusted with everything from my BSEE, MSEE to PhD - Just love Corel's products) now also engaged in putting out sw that won't perform depending on the price? I mean I paid half of the $69 that the the NXT 5 costs for for the minimal usage (I don't do much with burning anything) and because that option was there. Why am I not getting an offer to simply pay the difference to get the full update? instead when I click on update it asks me to pay the full price $69?

#7 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Just ordered NXT v4. It did say compatible with Windows 10. I guess all my previous questions are now obsolete unless someone wants to keep an educating us.

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:58 AM

Your Easy CD & DVD Burning (V14) software is Windows 10 compatible.  You should be able to solve your encoding problem.

I don't see any need to go to NXT unless it has some capability that you really need, and you should be aware that NXT 4 is last year's version. (NXT 5 came out last October)

If you decide to get NXT 4 you shouldn't be paying full price for it, but personally if I were you I'd cancel that order for NXT 4 - now!

Regards,

Brendon

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:35 AM

Hard Disc Drives come in 2 flavors these days. The traditional whirling disc (HDD) and the Solid State (SSD) Drive. SSD's should not be de-fragged. Check your specs or call the folks where you got to see which one you have.

This type of error message can be a bit ambiguous. Two steps to try in resolving it and it will help pin it down:

1. Create a New Project, really simple one picture or short clip ~ burn to file (ISO)

2. Tools - Options - Render change from Hardware to Software. Repeat step 1.

Try those things and let us know ;)

#10 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Since my hard disk never fragments (always 0% and no defrag option wk after wk) and I use the computer no less than 10hr/d (I have this laptop since Sep 2016) I am sure it's a SSD.

Brendon, unfortunately I am sort of a happy trigger and as soon as I got your initial feed the v14 was gone. I didn't pay too much extra for the NXT and yes it was full price (it didn't say otherwise and only NXT 5 was more expensive). As a Amazone prime I didn't have any issue returning. Just got it today and will now install and run a small prj and let you guys know how it went.

#11 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Hi Benon,

If you now have NXT 4, you will now have a totally different version of "MyDVD" from your initial v14 one. 

Hopefully it will do the trick, but if you get an encoding error with that version you should suspect there's something wrong with the movie you're trying to encode.

Best of fortune,

Brendon

#12 benon

benon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

Hi guys

I am back to report absolute no more issue with NXT4. Everything is working with this version and I haven't even had any need to convert any MOV or MP4 files thus far. SW seems to do it all. Before using it had me update with patches twice though, going from sp2 to sp4 I believe. This is back to what I know of Corel product. It does everything for you. If anything comes up again, I would be back here. Thank you all.

#13 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Excellent! Glad to hear that. I wish you well going forward.

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for getting back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users