13 replies to this topic

#1 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

So here is the story:

I got my Roxio Game Capture 2 years ago, and I have a laptop without a CD Drive, so I installed it on my dad's computer with a CD Drive and transfered to files to my laptop. For the past 2 years everything was working fine, and I was using the device perectly fine last night. This morning, I go to plug in the USB into my laptop and it says the "USB was not Recognzied", so I followed the steps on other forums, uninstalled the USB device from the Device Manager, etc. When I got to the part where you had to insert the disc and install it again, I couldn't since my laptop does not have a CD Drive, so I just used the 2.0 update and reinstalled the program. Now when I plug in the USB, nothing even happens, and it does not even tell me that the USB device is recognized or not. I fell like this happened when I uninstalled it from the Device Manager but need help, and would like to get it working again as soon as possible.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,030 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

With the device plugged in open Device Manager and expand 'other devices' and 'sound video and game controllers.

What do you show?.

Edited by ogdens, 20 February 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#3 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

With the device plugged in open Device Manager and expand 'other devices' and 'sound video and game controllers.

What do you show?.

Just my microphone and "Intel Display Audio".

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Just my microphone and "Intel Display Audio".

That doesn't seem possible because windows would install a generic driver when you plugged the Roxio USB Device in!

Open device manager and watch the screen when you plug in and unplug the Roxio USB Device what does it show when you do that?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#5 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

That doesn't seem possible because windows would install a generic driver when you plugged the Roxio USB Device in!

Open device manager and watch the screen when you plug in and unplug the Roxio USB Device what does it show when you do that?

When I plug in the USB device, and under the 2 main categories of "Sound, video, etc" and "Universal Serial Bus", nothing shows up or anything, and I too am wiered out by this as usually it will tell you something, if its recgonized or not.

#6 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,030 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Look in your Program Files and verify that you have the program installed?.

2017-02-24_1619.png  

#7 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

attachicon.gif2017-02-24_1619.png

Here's what shows up. When I plug in and unplug the device, nothing shows up in the Device Manager. Do you think it is a problem with the actual USB since it won't register?

Attached Images

• Screenshot (115).png

#8 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

attachicon.gif2017-02-24_1619.png

Also, the light on the capture card turns on but nothing shows up in the Device Manager like i've said. Do you think I should just uninstall the whole program and reinstall it?

#9 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

Sorry for these posts but the HDMI and YBbPr lights do not work.

#10 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,030 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

Does this light come on when you plug in the USB.

2017-02-24_1905.png  

If not try another USB port, if you don't have another spare port try another computer (maybe your dads)

Edited by ogdens, 24 February 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#11 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

Does this light come on when you plug in the USB.

attachicon.gif2017-02-24_1905.png

If not try another USB port, if you don't have another spare port try another computer (maybe your dads)

Yes, the main light works, but the 2 smaller ones do not. Also, I have tried all the USB ports on my computer and the same thing happens. 

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

Here's what shows up. When I plug in and unplug the device, nothing shows up in the Device Manager. Do you think it is a problem with the actual USB since it won't register?

Also, the light on the capture card turns on but nothing shows up in the Device Manager like i've said. Do you think I should just uninstall the whole program and reinstall it?

Sorry for these posts but the HDMI and YBbPr lights do not work.

Yes, the main light works, but the 2 smaller ones do not. Also, I have tried all the USB ports on my computer and the same thing happens. 

The other lights ONLY light up when an Active signal is received from a Component or HDMI input. Since the Power light does show up, we would assume that the USB cable is good (could try another just in case ;) )

Tell us about your computer and its' specs.

How did you get the files from the other computer to yours?

Have you tried the GameCAP device on this other computer? Even if the software is not installed there Window will react and install the wrong drivers - have the Device Manager open when you first plug it in there and observe any change. (this will test to see if the device itself has failed)

#13 shrutpatel

shrutpatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

The other lights ONLY light up when an Active signal is received from a Component or HDMI input. Since the Power light does show up, we would assume that the USB cable is good (could try another just in case ;) )

Tell us about your computer and its' specs.

How did you get the files from the other computer to yours?

Have you tried the GameCAP device on this other computer? Even if the software is not installed there Window will react and install the wrong drivers - have the Device Manager open when you first plug it in there and observe any change. (this will test to see if the device itself has failed)

I know it's been so long since I commented about my issue but I choose to just give up for a few months. Yesterday however, I tried plugging the usb cable into another computer and it also wasn't recognized and nothing popped up in the device manager under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers". The weird thing is that the main light on my game capture turns on so any advice?

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

Things fail...

If nothing shows up anywhere in the Device Manager, other than a bad USB cable or receptacles, it means the device itself no longer works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users