tedmcginn

Missing Usb Video Capture Option

Question

I have been using Creator 2010 to do video capture for movies and download from an older camera using the usb adapter that came with the software. Tis was replaced a few years ago with the same model. I have also purchased the model form vhs to dvd as it was on sale.

My issue is I haven't used it in a couple of months and my laptop did a big update and the usb option in the video capture has disappeared. I only show vcd and web cam option. this happened once before, a years ago and I can't remember what we did to fix it. we downloaded a file and I don't know if it was copied from the program disk or from web site. And other than not finding any thing in my download files I'm at a loss.

while we are on the subject can I do this using nxt-4? using either hardware? will the program automatically sense the usb video card?

can you help? this is probably in wrong forum but forums in 2010 would not let me start a new topic.

I running windows 7 64 bit creator 2010 with updates that were available when I bought it.

thanks

ted

6 answers to this question

and my laptop did a big update and the usb option in the video capture has disappeared.

Well, at least you know the answer to one of your problems.

? There have been a few Video Capture Devices that work on USB.

It really isn't too likely that Windows updates removed anything you need but you never know :lol:

How about looking in your Device Manager Sound, Video and Game Controllers, both Before and After plugging in this device?

It should look like this (if I guessed right):

post-39730-0-57873500-1487694596_thumb.jpg

Do either of these look like your device? If so, which one?

post-39730-0-55385800-1487694906_thumb.jpg

NXT 4 & 5 are just not like the Suite you are used to. You would not be happy with them :(

I have no idea why the selection disappeared. Just looking at what changed between the last time I used program a few weeks ago and now.

things always work different after any kind of update.

USB devices: I now have both. I picked up the newer one with pig tail at the usb end to reduce tension on the port. and to see if the original one went bad.

device manager lists the devices as "usb composite device" It does not appear Roxio is loading drive but microsft may be?????

how would I get proper driver? as to nxt 4 not looking like what I'm used to i'll live with it as long as it works.

I had to get used to changes when I upgraded from 5 to 2010 to nxt4. all different and supposedly better and "more functional and smoother"

great ad hhype....

I just want something that works so I can copy from my dvr to disk with decent definition.

The instillation requires a proper sequence... Software has to be installed before the device is ever plugged in!!! Otherwise Windows will install the wrong driver and it is locked into place :huh:

Use the newer one only! The older one won't work in Win 7, 8 or 10. Open the Device Manager again with the device plugged in and Uninstall both entries in there.

Then remove the device and just to be safe, place it in another room. Reboot the PC and start an install of the EVD Software. Only choose Repair when it is offered. Reboot and go get your device.

It should work now in both EVD as well as Creator 2010