#1 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

Hello.

I have been using Roxio for years (Creator 2010 and 2012).  However, I just purchased Creator NXT 5 because I needed a program to work with Windows 10 that came installed on my computer.  I'm not a fan of NXT5, but I had no choice since I couldn't get anything to burn with the older programs.  Unfortunately, I was just as unsuccessful getting my project to burn with NXT5.

It burned until about 80% and then stopped and gave this message: BurnerState_EncodingMenu Failure: Out of Memory Code: 214794214.

I can't begin to describe my level of frustration.  I am not tech savvy and don't understand the inner workings of computers.  My Lenovo tower computer is new and it says I have 1.33 TB free of 1.78 TB of memory.  I'm not sure what else you might need to know about my computer.  It runs with Windows 10.

My video contained multiple clips of home videos that was 60 minutes in length.  I created a menu with chapters.  This is the same type of project I've always done over the years.

Is anyone able to offer advice as to what I did wrong or what I should fix to allow my project to burn?

Thank you so much.

Bekki

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

It burned until about 80% and then stopped and gave this message: BurnerState_EncodingMenu Failure: Out of Memory Code: 214794214.

I can't begin to describe my level of frustration.  I am not tech savvy and don't understand the inner workings of computers.  My Lenovo tower computer is new and it says I have 1.33 TB free of 1.78 TB of memory.  I'm not sure what else you might need to know about my computer.  It runs with Windows 10.

Bekki,

I think you have confused things when you talk about the amount of resources you have. I think it's likely that you have a 2TB hard drive (1.78TB) in your computer, along with an unspecified amount of memory (RAM).

The hard drive gives you storage space for files and stuff, while the RAM chips give you memory to hold data and space allow your computer to work.

The error you describes suggests you've run out of memory, rather than hard disk storage. We need to know how much memory (in RAM) you have available.

Please try this.

-find This PC on your machine, and right-click on it

-click on Properties and you should see a box like this open

Attached File  props.jpg   104.12KB   0 downloads

See the area I've outlined in red? That's the amount of memory I have. How much do you have?

It may be that you need to provide more memory to this process, but we can't tell until we know how much you have.

Regards,

Brendon

• Bekki likes this

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

Just to be sure, please provide the info as Brendon directed -_-

While you are in there do a test project, simple with only one picture or tiny clip and a single menu.

Burn that to file using the little disc icon beside the burn button.

If that works, do another test with a larger video clip and a few Chapters. Burn to file.

Curious about your experience with Win 10 and Creator 2012??? I have had good luck with those two.

• Bekki likes this

#4 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

Thank you both for responding!  I realized after I sent the message that I gave you the wrong information.  I'm able to follow directions for using computer programs, but lack general computer knowledge so I make mistakes...somewhat like a chef who can read a recipe, but adds salt instead of sugar because she doesn't know the difference between the ingredients.

This is the information you needed: Installed Memory (RAM) is 12.0 GB (10.9GB usable).

My processor is: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7,12 Computer Cores 4C+8G 3.50Ghz

System Type: 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home

The project was 4.57 GB being burned to a 4.7 disc.  It had numerous individual clips of home movies with color panels introducing each new topic.  The color panels had text, a photo, and overlays on them.  Transitions were between each new color panel.  I used a menu with chapters connected to each of the 23 color panels. I made the movie with Creator 2012 pro and then exported it.  I dragged the exported movie into MyDVD in NXT5 to burn it because it refused to encode the movie with Creator 2012 pro.

You asked about my experience with Creator 2012.  I bought that program after I got a new computer that came with Windows 10 because Creator 2010 wouldn't run the video clips with Windows 10.  Even thought 2012 isn't technically compatible with Windows 10, other users had success so I gave it a try hoping it would also open older projects I created with 2010..  It worked fine with building a new video (videowave would often close and say it stopped working, but that always happened to me even with my old version of 2010 running on Windows 7).  The problem came when it was time to burn the project.  It was VERY slow to start the burn process, but would eventually open the project and start the burn.  However, it quickly would say that it failed to encrypt the movie and give an error code (that I don't have with me right now).  Nothing would actually be burned on the disc.  I finally gave up and upgraded to NXT5 since it was compatible with Windows 10.  However, I'm very disappointed because the MyDVD portion of NXT5 is terrible.  They took away a lot of options and I don't like that I can't select to burn in high quality.  The worst part is that it didn't work!  Perhaps I did something wrong (likely), but it seems like I have a lot of RAM and my project fit on the 4.7 size disc.

Any suggestion?  I VERY much appreciate your guidance, patience, and help.  You're a lifeline to me!

Bekki

#5 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:13 AM

When I go home today, I'll run the test like you suggested, Jim.  I'm curious if a small project will burn.

Brendon, thank you for being kind about the mistake I made when trying to give you information about my computer's memory.  I realized too late that I had made a silly mistake!  What I really need is an expert to teach me the basics of computer knowledge and Roxio so I have a better understanding of how things work so I avoid making mistakes I don't even realize I'm making.  I'm learning as I go!

I wish I could leave work now to test it.  When projects don't work, I get obsessed trying to figure out how to solve the problem!  I put a great deal of time into creating the project and really want to see it burn (instead of crashing and burning like my project is doing now!).

Since I exported the movie, could I use a free dvd burner program to burn it?  Something like winxdvd author or dvdstyler?  I hate doing that because from what I saw, their options are pretty limited (only allowing a few chapters etc...), but at least the project would be finished.

Bekki

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

The project was 4.57 GB being burned to a 4.7 disc.

Question, how long in play time is your project at 4.57 GB?

Roxio's constant bit Best Quality encoder is one hour play time on a single layer Capacity: 4.7GB (per DVD).

• Bekki likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

My project was about 1 hour and 2 minutes before adding a menu in MyDVD.  It was right on the cusp of being too long, but when I tried to burn it in the Creator 2012 (before upgrading to NXT5), it fit on the disc with a high quality setting.  It only had about 1 minute left, but it fit.  (I didn't burn it with 2012 because it wouldn't encode the movie).

I just upgraded to NXT5 last night so I'm not proficient with the program.  I was confused about how the green bar worked that shows how big the project is.  It gave the size of the project, but didn't indicate if it was too big.  I'm guessing it just automatically decreases the quality of the video if the project is too large.  Is that correct?

Do you think my project is too large?  My problem is that I already outputted the project before I installed NXT5.  When I installed NXT5, it erased 2012 from my computer.  I'd have to reinstall 2012 to shorten the project since NXT5 doesn't recognize the project I made in 2012.  (I wish they made the new programs so that they opened older projects made with legacy programs.)

Bekki

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

(I didn't burn it with 2012 because it wouldn't encode the movie).

Why wouldn't Creator 2012 encode the movie?

There could be a problem with one of your clips in the movie.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#9 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

I don't know why Creator 2012 wouldn't encode my movie.  It wouldn't even begin the process.  After just a few seconds it would stop with the error code 8004520C and say it error while encoding movie 1.  I figured it was because the program wasn't compatible with Windows 10 so I upgraded to NXT5.  Gosh, I'm thinking I made a mistake with the upgrade, but I didn't think I had a choice.

I just did a test project using NXT5.  I had no trouble creating the project or burning it.  It was very short - 3 minutes 7 seconds (357.73MB) on a 4.7 disc.  I added 2 color panels and a menu with 2 chapters. What does this mean in terms of it not burning my other project?  It looks like I have plenty of RAM and wouldn't NXT5 just reduce the quality of my video if the project was too big for a 4.7 disc?  I'm not sure how to fix the problem and get it to burn.

Thanks for your suggestions and input!

Bekki

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

One thing to watch in NXT 4 & 5's version of MyDVD... Size on Disc is dynamic and can't be turned off :huh:

A 4.7GB disc holds about 1 hour of DVD Movie. 8.6GB about 2 hours.

This means if you have 50 minutes MyDVD will show a fair amount of disc space remaining, let's say 200 MB. Add 300 MB to the project and it will say there is 50MB remaining. Add another 100MB and it might say 10MB remaining or full.

What is happening is that it is changing both the bitrate and the resolution to make it fit the disc size you chose.

Follow the size rules (1 hr or 2 hr) and you won't have to worry ;)

Anxious to see how the tests turn out.

#11 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

The test ran perfectly!  I created a 3 minute project with 2 color panets, 2 chapters, and a menu.  It burned just fine.

I would happily make my problem project shorter except for the fact that I no longer have Creator 2012 (unless I can run it on software without installing it) so I can't edit the movie.  NXT5 won't recognize any project I made with older versions.

Do you recommend I get a larger DVD to see if it will burn that way or do you think the problem is with my movie?  It doesn't seem like I have a problem with my memory levels on my computer unless there is something I don't understand.

The project that won't burn is 1 hour and 2 minutes long.  It is 4.57 GB.

Bekki

Edited by Bekki, 23 February 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#12 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Wait!  I misread the length of my movie.  When I sent it to MyDVD in 2012 it said I had 1 minute left of space remaining on the 4.7 GB disc after adding a menu and chapters.

In NXT5, the information reads differently and I don't know how to translate one unit of measure to another.  It says my project is 4516.45MB in length and my disc size is 4.7.

Is that project size too large?  I don't know how MB compares to GB.

Bekki

#13 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,963 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Do you actually have 23 titles in your project or do you have one movie which uou divided into 23 chapters? Titles and chapters are two different things and many users confuse the two and use the term incorrectly.

A 23 item menu of course requires additional space on the DVD in addition to the actual movie. Your initial post stated that you were having problems with the menu creation

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

It says my project is 4516.45MB in length and my disc size is 4.7.

The safe rule on a single layer DVD is 4464mb, your project is to big at Best Quality in Creator 2012.

In NXT5 I'm not sure how it handles it but Jim Hardin talked about NXT5 lowering the quality as you go over the 4464mb limit.

cd

Spoiler

#15 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

Myguggi - I have one title broken down into 23 chapters.

#16 Bekki

Bekki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

I have great news!  I bought 8.5 discs and the project burned.  Thank you, all of you, for giving me information and advice to help me finish this project successfully.  I learned more about computers and some new terminology from all of you.

When the burn failed, it would have helped if the menu had said the disc was full rather than saying there was not enough memory.  Not enough memory made me think the problem was with my computer rather than the disc.

I will say, I did not have immediate success.  When I first attempted to burn the project, I immediately got the message "Encoding Title Failure. Reason: E_RPLS_Fatal_Error_Out_Of-Memory Code: 2147766796.  I was pretty upset since I had just spent a lot of money on double layer DVDs!  I turned my computer off and let it rest a bit and then tried again.  The second time the burn was successful. I don't understand why I needed to turn off my computer, but I read that advice in other conversations so I figured it might work.

For other users to know, the burn took longer than usual.  I'm not sure if it was because I used a double layer disc or if it is the NXT5 program.  It hung up at the same percentage of burn a couple of times and stayed on 99% for over 20 minutes.  It was nerve wracking because I kept waiting for the fail message, but it finally finished.

Again, thank you to everyone who replied to my questions and helped me work through the problems with my project.  I'm so happy and relieved to have a finished product!

Take care,

Bekki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users