• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jjwdeignan

jjwdeignan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Following is a re-post of a reply I made to a post created under NXT Pro 3.  It addresses an erroneous message issued for hardware with high screen resolutions.

I am running Roxio Creator NXT Pro 5 under Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  My hardware screen resolution is set to the recommended size of 1920 X 1080.  (I have been experiencing this problem since NXT Pro 3 so I have few illusions that Roxio Support will address or fix it.)  Every time I start the 'Create Labels - Advanced' application I receive the following error message and am forced to change my resolution to 1024 X 768:

Attached File  Screen Resolution Message.png   28.24KB   0 downloads

It is possible to live with annoyance but switching screen resolution hoses up the sizing of all windows that are open when Label Creator is launched.  In this forum I have seen several posts recommending that the user change his screen resolution (DPI).  I refuse to try any of them.  Even if I could find a setting that worked for Roxio it would screw up the GUIs of every other application on my PC.  It is the job of the software to adapt to the hardware, not the other way around.

I suggest the following work-around:

•     Open the Start Menu and locate the Shortcut for Label Creator.
  •     Right click on it then select Open file location under More.
  •     Right click on the Label Creator Shortcut then select Properties.
  •     Select the Compatibility option at the top of the screen.
  •     Click the check-box for Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
  •     Click Apply and OK to save the setting as seen here:

Attached File  Compatibility.png   35.61KB   0 downloads

The next time you launch the Label Creator application you will receive the following GUI instead of the screen resolution error message:

Attached File  Label Creator.png   61.99KB   0 downloads

While this display is not overly attractive, it offers all of the Advanced Label Creator functionality.

The primary virtue of this work-around is that it ONLY affects the Advanced Label Creator GUI - nothing else on the PC is impacted.

Note that the VideoWave application has the same problem with screen resolution.  It can be fixed by adapting the above approach.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

This can be most likely fixed without having to change your screen resolution, or having to do any complicated temporary workarounds.

In your Windows 10 Pro if you go to Windows Settings >Display Settings, you should see this screen which does not change your screen resolution.

Attached File  display.jpg   60.7KB   0 downloads

If someone has modified the setting from the recommended 100%, change it back to the original 100% setting.

That should solve this problem without having to change your screen resolution.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 jjwdeignan

jjwdeignan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

The 'someone' who changed the setting from 100% was me; it was done for personal reasons and will not be undone to accommodate a poorly written piece of software.  I further contend that my work-around is not at all complicated.  If Roxio wants to lock users into the 100% setting, they need to lobby Microsoft to remove the slider bar option from Display Settings.  Otherwise Roxio should change its code to support this setting.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

It has always been that way and not going to change now... Been a couple complaints over the last 21 years but not enough for the current owner, Corel, to lose sleep ;)

Sorry but that is the way it is :unsure:

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

The primary virtue of this work-around is that it ONLY affects the Advanced Label Creator GUI - nothing else on the PC is impacted.

Note that the VideoWave application has the same problem with screen resolution.  It can be fixed by adapting the above approach.

W-7 Ultimate, Roxio Creator 2012 Pro, your work around doesn't work in videowave with the a DPI setting at 125%!

In videowave output export as DPI at 125% no create video file at bottom of window.

Attached File  1.jpg   54.93KB   0 downloads

In videowave using jjwdeignan (properties) work around  DPI at 125% no create video file at bottom of window.

Attached File  1-1.jpg   54.34KB   0 downloads

In videowave output export as DPI at 100% create video file at bottom of window.

Attached File  1-1-1.jpg   50.65KB   0 downloads

Conclusion run the Roxio creator Software at 100% DPI..

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screen Resolution, Label Creator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users