• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 dustindoelling

dustindoelling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

Hey, I'm in a pickle.  I have WinXP SP2 Media Center, and I'm using CD and DVD Creator Home 6.2.0.130 Platinum recently bought from a store.  When I try to use Disc Copier, it reads "Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.  Please ensure your recorder is properly connected, etc."  My drives: NEC DVD + RW ND-3530A and Sony CD-RW CRX217E.  I've tried RoxAssist and it says, "Roxio has pdated your system Registry.  Reboot."  I press cancel then it says, "CDEngine is initialized successfully.  Reboot."  That got me pretty excited until I did reboot, and it didn't work.  I've reinstalled the software about 5 times, and during the first two times, I accidentally updated it with the Basic engine update, and not the Platinum.   After installation, the first upgrade it asked me to do was stuck at %002.  I cancelled and updated from the website every time.  I'm yearnin' for some burnin' so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:28 PM

View Postdustindoelling, on Jan 21 2006, 03:26 PM, said:

Hey, I'm in a pickle.  I have WinXP SP2 Media Center, and I'm using CD and DVD Creator Home 6.2.0.130 Platinum recently bought from a store.  When I try to use Disc Copier, it reads "Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.  Please ensure your recorder is properly connected, etc."  My drives: NEC DVD + RW ND-3530A and Sony CD-RW CRX217E.  I've tried RoxAssist and it says, "Roxio has pdated your system Registry.  Reboot."  I press cancel then it says, "CDEngine is initialized successfully.  Reboot."  That got me pretty excited until I did reboot, and it didn't work.  I've reinstalled the software about 5 times, and during the first two times, I accidentally updated it with the Basic engine update, and not the Platinum.   After installation, the first upgrade it asked me to do was stuck at %002.  I cancelled and updated from the website every time.  I'm yearnin' for some burnin' so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Try uninstall/re-install
Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, I understand it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.c...ols/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

#3 dustindoelling

dustindoelling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

View Postogdens, on Jan 21 2006, 12:28 PM, said:

Try uninstall/re-install
Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, I understand it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.c...ols/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

It went like a bad rerun.  Everything happened the exact same, and I still got the same message.  Don't know if it matters, but when I ran roxizap, it said it applied to Easy CD Creator 4 and 5, and I've never owned those.  Anything else I can do?

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

View Postdustindoelling, on Jan 21 2006, 04:06 PM, said:

It went like a bad rerun.  Everything happened the exact same, and I still got the same message.  Don't know if it matters, but when I ran roxizap, it said it applied to Easy CD Creator 4 and 5, and I've never owned those.  Anything else I can do?

Your the first person to come back and say this did not work.

Did you follow the instructions exactly as I said? and, also applied the Platinum updater.

You could run the Roxizap a couple of times. (dont worry about the refrence to version 4 & 5).

Hope that does it.

Oops.....if that NEC is a Dual Layer burner Roxio 6 does not support them.

Edited by ogdens, 21 January 2006 - 01:23 PM.

#5 dustindoelling

dustindoelling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

How would I know if it's dual layer?  It doesn't say anything about it under driver properties.

So I tried it again, and....nothing.  I probably should mention, though, that the first time it asks me to restart after I've registered, but before I've updated anything, I restart, and then before I get to Windows, a blue screen comes up saying, "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer."  The only way to get back in to Windows is to restart using the last known good configuration.  So then Roxio says it updated my registry.  I reboot.  It says the same thing and say Roxio Assistant ran succesfully. Ret Code:TBL.  Reboot.  TBL thing again, then updater pops up, and the engine updater gets caught at 2%.  I download via online, restart, Roxio updates, restart, updates and TBL, restart, the TBL, then disc copier doesn't recognize my recorder.  That's verbatim what happens, maybe that'll help.  If it doesn't, maybe it's my NEC.  Or, if this is the 8th wonder, I'll just go buy something else.  Thanks for helping.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,077 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

View Postdustindoelling, on Jan 21 2006, 10:09 PM, said:

How would I know if it's dual layer?  It doesn't say anything about it under driver properties.

So I tried it again, and....nothing.  I probably should mention, though, that the first time it asks me to restart after I've registered, but before I've updated anything, I restart, and then before I get to Windows, a blue screen comes up saying, "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer."  The only way to get back in to Windows is to restart using the last known good configuration.  So then Roxio says it updated my registry.  I reboot.  It says the same thing and say Roxio Assistant ran succesfully. Ret Code:TBL.  Reboot.  TBL thing again, then updater pops up, and the engine updater gets caught at 2%.  I download via online, restart, Roxio updates, restart, updates and TBL, restart, the TBL, then disc copier doesn't recognize my recorder.  That's verbatim what happens, maybe that'll help.  If it doesn't, maybe it's my NEC.  Or, if this is the 8th wonder, I'll just go buy something else.  Thanks for helping.

NEC ND-3530A preliminary specs Write speed  Read speed  
DVD+R DL 8x ZCLV DVD-ROM SL 16x
DVD+R 16x CAV DVD-ROM DL 12x
DVD+RW 8x ZCLV DVD±R 16x
DVD-R DL ??? DVD±RW 12x
DVD-R 16x CAV DVD-Video CSS 5x
DVD-RW 6x ZCLV CD-ROM 48x
CD-R 48x CAV CD-R 48x
CD-RW 32x ZCLV CD-RW 40x

Access time DVD/CD: 140/120 ms  
Buffer size:  2 MB  

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:41 PM

When it says "Windows will restart using last known good configuration" that means the last time windows started successfully.If that was before you installed Roxio then you are missing important parts of the install routine.What you need to do is try an uninstall,try Roxizap as suggested,and maybe try a registry cleaner if you have one.It looks like something in the registry is causing this problem.If nothing else you might go to Accessories,system tools,system restore and go back a couple of days to a restore point before you installed it for the first time.

Edited by tbrewst, 21 January 2006 - 02:42 PM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#8 bdbutton

bdbutton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

:) I am having the same problem.  I did as Ogdens suggested and unistalled, ran the roxizap and then reinstalled the program.  It still comes up with the same message, that the recorder could not be detected.  The strange thing is, is that I ran this program last week and it worked fine.  Would anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

#9 drwherry

drwherry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

:)

I'm having the same exact snafu described by dustin and bdbutton.  My (new) dvd burner is a NEC ND-3550A.

I've just finished uninstalling Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and am headed out to get Nero, which is what I should
have done in the first place.

It'll be a cold day in Hell when Roxio sees another dime of mine, and the references I'll be giving their products
ought to burn their ears better than their software burns dvds...  not that *that* would be any big stretch.

#10 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:17 PM

View Postdrwherry, on Jan 29 2006, 06:48 PM, said:

:)

I'm having the same exact snafu described by dustin and bdbutton.  My (new) dvd burner is a NEC ND-3550A.

I've just finished uninstalling Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and am headed out to get Nero, which is what I should
have done in the first place.

It'll be a cold day in Hell when Roxio sees another dime of mine, and the references I'll be giving their products
ought to burn their ears better than their software burns dvds...  not that *that* would be any big stretch.

Thats probably a good move, as Roxio V6 does not support Dual Layer anyway.
Roxios V6 was around long before Dual Layer came out.  Make sure your Nero version supports the new burner.  Good luck .

#11 blschick

blschick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

I am having the same problem as dustin as far as Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.  Also in Creator Classic under Tools the Drive Properties is grayed Out.  I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling, the suggested registry edits, Roxio Assistant, and other things.  Nothing helps.
One thing I noticed; after I install the software and reboot, when the computer restarts I am notified that the engine has updated the registry and I must reboot again.  At this point, before rebooting, my drives appear correctly in Creator Classic and the Disk Copier shows both drives.  After I restart  I get the message - CDEngine is initialized successfully Code:XXX.  Now my drives are not recognized as being recorders. I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook with a Sony CD-RW  CRX810E, and an external Plextor PX-504UF DVD Drive.

Edited by blschick, 31 January 2006 - 07:47 PM.

#12 solidago_caesia

solidago_caesia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

View Postblschick, on Jan 31 2006, 07:44 PM, said:

I am having the same problem as dustin as far as Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.  Also in Creator Classic under Tools the Drive Properties is grayed Out.  I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling, the suggested registry edits, Roxio Assistant, and other things.  Nothing helps.
One thing I noticed; after I install the software and reboot, when the computer restarts I am notified that the engine has updated the registry and I must reboot again.  At this point, before rebooting, my drives appear correctly in Creator Classic and the Disk Copier shows both drives.  After I restart  I get the message - CDEngine is initialized successfully Code:XXX.  Now my drives are not recognized as being recorders. I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook with a Sony CD-RW  CRX810E, and an external Plextor PX-504UF DVD Drive.

I have the exact same problem as blschick.  I have A Dell Dimension Desktop.  My DVD/CD drive and CD-RW drives are internal.

#13 xyster13

xyster13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

I got my NEC DVD+/-3500AG Dual layer burner approximately a year and a half ago.

It worked fine up until last week, all the time using Roxio ECDC6, burning DVDs (though not burning dual layer discs, I was using a dual layer burner).

All of a sudden, the other day, it stopped recognizing it as my default recorder, and I'm not even allowed to choose a default recorder. I tried installing my old CD burner, and Roxio won't even allow me to do that.

I've had roxio for a long time, and don't want to have to switch to Nero.

Why is it that it was only the last week I wasn't allowed to use my dual layer burner?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#14 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:27 AM

View Postxyster13, on Feb 24 2006, 02:20 PM, said:

I got my NEC DVD+/-3500AG Dual layer burner approximately a year and a half ago.

It worked fine up until last week, all the time using Roxio ECDC6, burning DVDs (though not burning dual layer discs, I was using a dual layer burner).

All of a sudden, the other day, it stopped recognizing it as my default recorder, and I'm not even allowed to choose a default recorder. I tried installing my old CD burner, and Roxio won't even allow me to do that.

I've had roxio for a long time, and don't want to have to switch to Nero.

Why is it that it was only the last week I wasn't allowed to use my dual layer burner?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does Windows see the burner(s)?.

#15 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

For those with drives not recognized try this:

Using Roxio Assistant:                         Roxio Assistant is designed to correct Engine Initialization                            errors. If Easy CD & DVD Creator's Engine does not                            initialize, the applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator                            will not recognize your recorder.

After running Roxio assistant, you should update Easy                            CD & DVD Creator as described above in "Updating                            Your Software to the Latest Version:".

• RoxAssist.exe is located at:
                                 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Upgrade\RoxAssist.exe
                                 (Note: If you have modified the installation of Windows                              or Easy CD & DVD Creator, the file may be located                              in a different location.)
  • After running this program you should receive the                              message "Engine initialized successfully with                              full recorder support".
  • If you do not receive the message, update your                              Virus software and then check and clean your system                              for viruses. After the removal of any viruses, uninstall                              and then reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator (use                              "Add Remove Programs" in "Control Panel".)
                         Roxio Assistant: In some instances Roxio Assistant                            may require the installation CD, not allowing you to                            "Cancel" with out it. In this case you will                            need to insert the Easy CD & DVD Creator install                            disc into your drive so that Roxio Assistant will have                            access to needed files.

CD or DVD drive Not Recognized:

• Run Roxio assistant as described above.
  • Update Easy CD and DVD Creator as described above.
  • Support for Newer Recorders: Your CD or DVD drive                              may be newer than the drives Easy CD & DVD Creator                              6 already supports. You can add support for newer                              drives by using the Roxio Updater. You may also check                              our online database for supported drives at: <a href="http://rpp.roxio.com...pported_drives" class="bodyLink">http://rpp.roxio.com...upported_drives
  • Is Drag-to-Disc Interfering: You may not be able                              to use your burner (CD/DVD recorder), or the burner                              may not be recognized if it is already being used                              by another Easy CD & DVD Creator application (for                              example, Drag-to-Disc).
                         Drag-to-Disc uses formatted discs, Easy CD & DVD                            Creator's: Creator Classic, AudioCentral, Disc Copier,                            PhotoSuite, and DVD Builder all need blank unformatted                            discs. Remove the formatted disc and replace it with                            a blank, unformatted disc.

Here are some behaviors that indicate the disc in the                            burner is a formatted disc:

• Disc Copier will say "Reserved by Roxio Drag-to-Disc                              Kernel
  • AudioCentral will say "The device . . . Has                              been reserved by another application..."
  • PhotoSuite will not allow you to select "Record"                              when making a VCD
  • DVD Builder will only allow you to "Save Project                              as Image File on Hard Disk"
This is from the support pages for V6
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
Rosewill Destroyer case
Onboard Realtek HD audio

#16 xyster13

xyster13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:13 PM

View Postogdens, on Feb 24 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

Does Windows see the burner(s)?.
As far as I know, yes. I was able to burn a CD using Windows Media Player, but I hate that program.

View Posttbrewst, on Feb 24 2006, 11:37 AM, said:

For those with drives not recognized try this:

Using Roxio Assistant:                         Roxio Assistant is designed to correct Engine Initialization                            errors. If Easy CD & DVD Creator's Engine does not                            initialize, the applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator                            will not recognize your recorder.

After running Roxio assistant, you should update Easy                            CD & DVD Creator as described above in "Updating                            Your Software to the Latest Version:".

• RoxAssist.exe is located at:
                                 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Upgrade\RoxAssist.exe
                                 (Note: If you have modified the installation of Windows                              or Easy CD & DVD Creator, the file may be located                              in a different location.)
  • After running this program you should receive the                              message "Engine initialized successfully with                              full recorder support".
  • If you do not receive the message, update your                              Virus software and then check and clean your system                              for viruses. After the removal of any viruses, uninstall                              and then reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator (use                              "Add Remove Programs" in "Control Panel".)
                         Roxio Assistant: In some instances Roxio Assistant                            may require the installation CD, not allowing you to                            "Cancel" with out it. In this case you will                            need to insert the Easy CD & DVD Creator install                            disc into your drive so that Roxio Assistant will have                            access to needed files.

CD or DVD drive Not Recognized:

• Run Roxio assistant as described above.
  • Update Easy CD and DVD Creator as described above.
  • Support for Newer Recorders: Your CD or DVD drive                              may be newer than the drives Easy CD & DVD Creator                              6 already supports. You can add support for newer                              drives by using the Roxio Updater. You may also check                              our online database for supported drives at: <a href="http://rpp.roxio.com...pported_drives" class="bodyLink">http://rpp.roxio.com...upported_drives
  • Is Drag-to-Disc Interfering: You may not be able                              to use your burner (CD/DVD recorder), or the burner                              may not be recognized if it is already being used                              by another Easy CD & DVD Creator application (for                              example, Drag-to-Disc).
                         Drag-to-Disc uses formatted discs, Easy CD & DVD                            Creator's: Creator Classic, AudioCentral, Disc Copier,                            PhotoSuite, and DVD Builder all need blank unformatted                            discs. Remove the formatted disc and replace it with                            a blank, unformatted disc.

Here are some behaviors that indicate the disc in the                            burner is a formatted disc:

• Disc Copier will say "Reserved by Roxio Drag-to-Disc                              Kernel
  • AudioCentral will say "The device . . . Has                              been reserved by another application..."
  • PhotoSuite will not allow you to select "Record"                              when making a VCD
  • DVD Builder will only allow you to "Save Project                              as Image File on Hard Disk"
This is from the support pages for V6
Hey, that worked!

Thank you very much for your help!

#17 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

You're Welcome :)
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
Rosewill Destroyer case
Onboard Realtek HD audio

#18 richieb

richieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:58 AM

View Postogdens, on Jan 21 2006, 01:18 PM, said:

Your the first person to come back and say this did not work.

Did you follow the instructions exactly as I said? and, also applied the Platinum updater.

You could run the Roxizap a couple of times. (dont worry about the refrence to version 4 & 5).

Hope that does it.

Oops.....if that NEC is a Dual Layer burner Roxio 6 does not support them.
I have had the same exact problem for the past month, I have tried all the fixes mentioned here as well as a few of my own, Roxio site has been of little help in resolving this problem.

#19 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:38 AM

View Postrichieb, on Mar 12 2006, 07:58 AM, said:

I have had the same exact problem for the past month, I have tried all the fixes mentioned here as well as a few of my own, Roxio site has been of little help in resolving this problem.
Because you have the same symptoms does not necessarily mean you have the "same problem".

Just because a car won't start doesn't mean it is always the same cause (no gas, ignition key missing, etc).

I'd suggest you read the FREQUENT ANSWERS post pinned to the top of the board, and start your OWN thread with the details of YOUR problem (the list of details needed is in that post).

Lynn

#20 dancolestock

dancolestock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

Hello -

I'm seeing the same problem as Dustindoelling, bdbutton, drwherry, blschick, solidago_caesia, xyster13,
and richieb.  That's 8 of us - I hope that someone knowledgeable can help.

I'm doing a ground-up reinstall of WinXP Pro on a system and have a Plextor PX-320A burner (as drive E:).
The machine is clean - absolutely no viruses or other problems.

I've already installed Spybot S&D 1.4, Windows Defender (Beta 2) and McAfee Virus Scan 8.0i, as well
as all the available Microsoft updates.

Roxio ECD&DVD6 and updates appear to install OK (driver update installed suspiciously quickly) and I
got the same "Roxio Assistant ran succesfully. Ret Code:TBL" results twice, same as dustindoelling. Also
got the blue screen of death he described. Clearly there is a problem during installation.

Windows XP recognizes the burner properly. Creator Classic lists all drives properly under Source but
shows Default Recorder: none; "Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders" and DVD Builder
shows no destination burners to choose from.

I've carefully uninstalled and reinstalled ECD&DVD6 and carefully followed all the suggestions, with
absolutely no change. This problem is very frustrating and makes the software unuseable, and I would
hope that Roxio/Sonic would want to address it quickly.

I have a guess that this problem has something to do with a recent Windows XP update, or perhaps
Spybot or the Windows Defender Beta2 antispyware (both monitor registry changes and installs).

Does it make any difference if I disable/uninstall protection software first to install ECD&DVD6?
Would like to hear from someone experienced before I waste any more time chasing my tail ...

Thanks in advance for any help ...

FYI - There's another ongoing thread that appears to be the same topic/problem:

http://forums.suppor...indpost&p=14635

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users