10 replies to this topic

#1 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

Different member, same issue: Although I have previously been able to create DVDs from VHS tapes on this computer using the same media, today, for whatever reason, the program fails to recognize the presence of a blank disk in the drive. Specifics: computer: Toshiba Satellite; OS: windows 7 Pro 64-bit; software: Easy VHS to DVD3 (with any/all updates); media: Imation 4.7 GB 16x; drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208GB SCSI CdROM Device. Cleaned drive. Successfully recorded data files (1 @ PDF, DOC, MP3, JPG). Downloaded and installed latest 64-bit driver from Roxio site. Still "Please insert ..." Thoughts? Additional data needed?

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Different member, same issue: Although I have previously been able to create DVDs from VHS tapes on this computer using the same media, today, for whatever reason, the program fails to recognize the presence of a blank disk in the drive. Specifics: computer: Toshiba Satellite; OS: windows 7 Pro 64-bit; software: Easy VHS to DVD3 (with any/all updates); media: Imation 4.7 GB 16x; drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208GB SCSI CdROM Device. Cleaned drive. Successfully recorded data files (1 @ PDF, DOC, MP3, JPG). Downloaded and installed latest 64-bit driver from Roxio site. Still "Please insert ..." Thoughts? Additional data needed?

Were exactly on Roxio site did you get the 64-bit driver (highlighted in RED).

Edited by ogdens, 11 March 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Go here and follow the instructions, https://support.core...on-and-Download

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#4 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

To ogdens: as I went looking for the link, I see it's for the 3 Plus version, explaining why it did nothing for me. Here it is, though, in case you can use it: https://support.core...D-3-Plus-device

To cdanteek: Thanks, will do and report. BTW, same result with DVD +R.

#5 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

To:cdanteek: Alas -- no change. Installed the Sonic Px Engine, and restarted computer. Easy VHS to DVD 3 still not recognizing presence of a blank DVD in the drive. I saw another thread (attention: sknis and Jim_Hardin) about a good price ($19.95) to upgrade to the Plus version. I'd consider doing that if I could be confident it would see the disk!

#6 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Supplemental: On rare occasions (maybe every 10th time or so), the program "sees" the disk for a couple seconds after I close the drive drawer, but then reverts to "Please insert ...".

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

I see it's for the 3 Plus version, explaining why it did nothing for me.

Installed the Sonic Px Engine, and restarted computer. Easy VHS to DVD 3 still not recognizing presence of a blank DVD in the drive.

Your confusing folks with your posts!

You have the older Easy VHS to DVD or Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, what is it?

Follow this link to post # 6 follow it to the 'T', http://forums.suppor...ed/#entry374534

Edited by cdanteek, 12 March 2017 - 02:09 PM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#8 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

OK -- sorry to be confusing anyone else -- I'm confused enough as it is. As to version, in the process of doing one of my several uninstall/reinstalls, I noted the disk itself says 3 Plus, even though the Plus doesn't show up in the splash screen. However, looking for it, I see it is present on the top of the window. I've also reached out to Roxio/Corel -- their support person thought there might be some sort of software conflict at work, and had me create a new user account with Admin privs, and run from there. Same outcome! When I referred to the "Sonic Px Engine," that's the one I downloaded from the (PX Engine Description and Download) site you identified in your 7:01 AM post yesterday -- it shows "Sonic" during the installation process.

#9 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Continuing: followed link in #7 above and followed instructions to the "'T'" (even the "/pxhelponvista" even though I've got Windows 7). As on several other occasions, there were a couple seconds after the disk spun up and back down where the program appeared to "see" the disk, but then the "Please insert..." instruction popped back up and remained.

#10 DickinSD

DickinSD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

By the way: inexplicably, subsequent to installing the Px engine you identified, the "Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working" error I had been getting on closing has disappeared!

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

By the way: inexplicably, subsequent to installing the Px engine you identified, the "Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working" error I had been getting on closing has disappeared!

We had a user with this problem a few years back user 'Jolafson'.

He bought a new drive and still had the same problem.

He sent me his original drive and I installed it in my PC because I've never seen the 'No Disc' and his drive worked flawless in my system. A combination of hardware and or software!

Post # 22 on, http://forums.suppor...e-2#entry479884

cd

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users