• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dcortesi

dcortesi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

I prepared a .disc file with a list of videos captured by ElGato EyeTV. Toast is happy with these files and lets me edit them for start and end times. But when I go to compile the video -- either with Save As Disc Image, or with Burn -- the progress dialog comes up and shows "preparing" and "Multiplexing" for various segments but quickly ends with the message,

Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error

Result Code = -208

The secret here is that Mac OS result code -208 means "invalid file format". What Toast is unable to explain (despite the fact that people were reporting this problem as far back as Toast 7 in 2009!!) is that the video encoding used by EyeTV is not compatible with writing to disc.

The solution is to go to the Customize dialog, Disc tab, and change Reencoding from "Automatic" to "Always". This forces Toast into the very time-consuming step of re-encoding each video to the target format (MPEG-4). That eliminates the error.

Toast, you could have told us this. Or, you could recognize when re-encoding is needed and done it, instead of making me specify it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, Error, Burn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users