Hi all its me again. Several weeks ago I was having a problem getting the program to open up on my desktop PC. I finally got it to work but I'm still having a problem after I hook the VCR to the Roxio device on the desktop. I have the latest updates to WIndows 10 and all the drivers etc are all up to date. I've searched throughout all the forum for a similar post but none of them have led me to a solution yet. I checked device manager and I see the 2 Roxio usb entries so we are good there and the program runs fine just when I hook the Roxio capture to the VCR OUT and I'm getting nothing. Meanwhile on my laptop I hook it up the same exact way I did to the desktop and it works perfectly. I was able to convert a vhs to the program with video/sound feed no problem. I just want to get it to work on the desktop becasue it is much faster, stores more memory etc... Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Eric

Edited by WFox

Since the Win 10 drivers mean nothing to the program, I would want to double check the location of the Device Manager entries... They MUST look like this, without exception:

post-39730-0-31079500-1489851500_thumb.jpg

Any warnings in there (yellow exclamation mark or question mark)?

Double check the DEP setting to make sure it is still listed there.

Does it indicate that it is ready to capture or does the preview screen actually say 'No Video Signal'?

Jim,

Yeah there are no exclamation marks, the DEP setting is still opted out for this program and yes the preview screen shows no signal.... Kinda frustrating....

Eric

Microsoft did some recent updates and one has caused problems for some people in video editing and display. If you have these latest updates, uninstall them and then try again. Add the updates one at a time to figure out which one has caused the issue (if any). Just don't install that update in the future.