16 replies to this topic

#1 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

I have been using NXT2 on a Win7 computer for some months. It has worked without a glitch burning mp3s and video discs with no problems.

Now, all of a sudden, it refuses to open. It will appear to do so with the usual splash screen. An icon will show up on the taskbar. When I roll the mouse over it, the miniature of the Roxio desktop will show up. But that's it. No amount of clicking on the icon gets it to do anything more.

I deleted and re-installed the program and that has had no effect. I have found over the years with various incarnations of the program, that it can suddenly start having problems with no obvious reason. Usually re-installing solved the problem but not this time.

(I just posted another item because, in the meantime, I put the program on my Win8.1 so I could get things done and, while it runs on that computer, it either doesn't burn the discs or burns faulty ones. Go figure)

Any suggestions on fixing this would be welcome.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

Did you read the pinned topic about this very subject? First one in this forum.

#3 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

First off, I don't get any error messages about any missing .dll files. It just simply won't start up. So I had no way of knowing if the pin you mentioned was relevant to my problem.

Secondly, the link you give under "HERE" only gives me a server not found error.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

Yes I did see your other topic and that you aren't answering questions...

Sorry but that is all I got.

#5 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Sorry, Jim. I don't spend a whole lot of time of the internet.  All I have is VERY expensive and very limited WIFI service. I do appreciate the answers I get. But it does take time for me to get back to people. If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry.

#6 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Another long shot, you could try doing a System Restore to a date before your problems started.

• ForestRaven likes this

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,969 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

When you reinstalled did you install the software to a administrator account?

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Jims here link, https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35

Install Instructions
            Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
            Do one of the following:
                To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
                To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.

I would "Save or Save this program to disk" disconnect from the Internet shutdown all running programs and then install.

Edited by cdanteek, 22 March 2017 - 05:04 AM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#8 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Thank you, Ogdens, I will try the system restore and see if that helps at all.

Cdanteek, I have the physical disk not a download. The one login to the computer is set up as an administrator so I'm assuming that installing from the disk  to an administrator account would be sufficient. Unless I'm missing something here.

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

Thank you, Ogdens, I will try the system restore and see if that helps at all.

Cdanteek, I have the physical disk not a download. The one login to the computer is set up as an administrator so I'm assuming that installing from the disk  to an administrator account would be sufficient. Unless I'm missing something here.

1. The download is for 'DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer' not your Roxio Software.

2. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts, will tell you if it's a administrator account.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#10 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

The DirectX is the up to date one and my account is shown as administrator.

Tried System Restore. It kept saying that it couldn't restore but it gummed up some of my programs anyway. Tried more than one restore point with the same results. When I restored to the original point, everything straightened out again but Roxio would not work in any setting.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,969 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Put your Roxio disc in and run it choose repair when offered reboot when finished.

It isn't a up to date version but it is one Roxio needs to run!

Version:

File Name:

dxwebsetup.exe

Date Published:

4/18/2011

File Size:

286 KB

• ForestRaven likes this

cd

Spoiler

#12 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

If it's such an older version, will installing it muck up other programs that might need a more up-to-date version? I don't want to create any more headaches with this blasted computer than I already have.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

If it's such an older version, will installing it muck up other programs that might need a more up-to-date version? I don't want to create any more headaches with this blasted computer than I already have.

Here is a look at what I have installed for directx some go back to 2010, and that is on W-7 Ultimate x64.

Attached File  directx.jpg   128.2KB   0 downloads

• ForestRaven likes this

cd

Spoiler

#14 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

So I take it that one version doesn't interfere with another and each program uses whatever version it needs?

#15 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Exactly.

• ForestRaven likes this

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#16 ForestRaven

ForestRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Thank you!

If I live long enough I might start figuring out computers! LOL

#17 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

Thank you!

If I live long enough I might start figuring out computers! LOL

Don't bet on that, ForestRaven. :)

I've been at it for more years than I'd like to count, and every time I think I'm finally nearly getting there they invent something new and I find myself back at the start of the queue.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users