jim1494

Creator Nxt 5 Hung Up On Directx 9

Question

I am running Windows 10 on a new computer. I purchased the Roxio Creator NXT 5 CD and tried to load it, but it hangs up at the "DirectX 9 Runtime" installation. I tried disabling all firewalls and security software, but that didn't help. I even tried installing NXT 5 to a directory other than "Programs", but that didn't help either. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to overcome it? Any advise would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

You can download DirectX 9 Runtime from Microsoft.com/downloads.

remove all portions of any previous installation of NXT5 first then run

the downloaded file. Then re-run NXT 5 from your disk

Thanks. My new computer came with DirectX 9 Runtime already installed. I'm wondering if that is causing a conflict.

Thanks. My new computer came with DirectX 9 Runtime already installed. I'm wondering if that is causing a conflict.

Try what he said. There might be an update of DirectX Runtime.

If you have a disc, open it on Windows Explorer then look for the folder DirectX_FEB10. That is the version that comes in with NXT 5. Open that folder then run the dxsetup.exe and see if it will install DirectX 9 successfully. If it doesn't, There is definitely a problem with your OS if it is not accepting this directx version. Try to download the latest directx installer from microsoft and install it, if it has problems as well, contact MS support.