Blonde1

Trouble Setting Up To Use With Camcorder

I believe I have all cords running correctly from device to VCR. Have plugged in my 8-mm Sharp Viewcam into VCR using audio and video plugs on front of VCR. When I go into the program to start the process, the video does not show--just the blue screen with the DVDs. Also makes an annoying clicking sound. I looked at Knowledge Base, which says something is not plugged in correctly. All colors match, and I am using the S-video cord as recommended. I am using this on my laptop which came with Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why are you connecting the Camcorder into the VCR?????, just go directly from it to the Roxio unit.

Because there is absolutely NOTHING in the instructions to indicate how to use it with a flipping camcorder. :angry2:

There is no red connector running from the camcorder, only yellow and white. Tried anyway and same issue.

It would appear you camcorder is quite old and does not have a Stereo output (Red & White) on it just Mono (White).

So just connect the Yellow (Video) and White (Audio). If that works ok then we can show you later how to make it work in Stereo, lets get it going first.

Edited by ogdens

What is the Make and Model # of your camcorder?

Does the camcorder work ok if you plug it into your TV (this is assuming you have the correct jacks on the TV).

Edited by ogdens

Okay. Swapped cords with my husband's camcorder. One black, one yellow. Now I am getting video.

Great news....if you want it to work in Stereo rather than Mono, get back on here and we can tell you what you need. (its cheap)

Working fine now. Was able to copy a disc, play it back in DVD player. Audio and video fine. Am copying old family movies. No need for stereo.

Thanks for all your help!