#21 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hope the splitter works for you :).

Thanks, me too. I'll make sure to post how it works when it arrives on Monday.

#22 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Update: So I got my HDMI Splitter and am still having the same issue.
I am going directly from the Switch to the HDMI Splitter. Then from the splitter to my monitor and to Roxio's input.
When Roxio is connected to the splitter, the monitor goes black. When it is not, the monitor works fine.
How the hell is the Roxio getting an HDMI output from the splitter causing it to make my monitor black? How does it even do that, and how do I fix this? I've been working with this thing for over 2 weeks now, and I'm frankly getting annoyed with what essentially amounts to a bad product.

#23 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

What splitter did you get?  (Link, please.)  When you have both the monitor and the Roxio device connected to the splitter, do you get an image to capture through the Roxio device?  Or do neither work? 

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#24 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

What splitter did you get?  (Link, please.)  When you have both the monitor and the Roxio device connected to the splitter, do you get an image to capture through the Roxio device?  Or do neither work? 

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The image appears in OBS on the PC but not on the monitor, and this is only when Roxio is plugged into the Splitter.

#25 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Okay... I didn't get a clear answer on my second question.

If both the monitor AND the Roxio device are plugged into the splitter at the same time, do you get an image in OBS? 

And next I would ask you to test it with the Roxio software, and tell us what you see there with both plugged into the splitter.  If you get a "copy protected" message, that would indicate a different issue.

I found this from one of the questions on Amazon:

As long as all devices are HDCP compliant. It also works when all devices are non HDCP compliant. One or the other but it doesn't work when one device isn't or one device is and any of the others aren't.  

So, there's still a possibility that it's an HDCP issue if the TV is HDCP compliant, just not with the output of the RGC HD Pro.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#26 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Okay... I didn't get a clear answer on my second question.

If both the monitor AND the Roxio device are plugged into the splitter at the same time, do you get an image in OBS? 

And next I would ask you to test it with the Roxio software, and tell us what you see there with both plugged into the splitter.  If you get a "copy protected" message, that would indicate a different issue.

I found this from one of the questions on Amazon:

As long as all devices are HDCP compliant. It also works when all devices are non HDCP compliant. One or the other but it doesn't work when one device isn't or one device is and any of the others aren't.  

So, there's still a possibility that it's an HDCP issue if the TV is HDCP compliant, just not with the output of the RGC HD Pro.

Yeah, I still get visuals in OBS when both are plugged into the splitter, Never encountered any "copy protected" message. Also don't have any issues at all with OBS getting the feed (other than no audio).

It's likely the HDCP issue you mentioned.

#27 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, I still get visuals in OBS when both are plugged into the splitter,

Well that seems odd.  If you're getting the signal in OBS (and I would still ask you to please run the Roxio software and see if it gives us any more information), then the splitter must be putting out a non-HDCP signal, which I would think your monitor would be happy with since you can plug it directly into your Nintendo and see it.

Edited by d_deweywright, 10 April 2017 - 04:58 PM.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#28 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

Not really at odds...

The signal from the Switch goes into the RGC device. There is is split.

One part going to the USB output that the is seen on OBS.

The other part going to the 'pass through' but only after it is manipulated by adding an HDCP signal to it!

So the signals are no longer the same.

HDCP comes in a couple of flavors and not all are compatible with each other. It is possible that the Monitor is not compatible with the output of the RGC HDMI...

Splitter: Some of them do not pass along the HDMI signal and if the Monitor requires it, it isn't going to work! But in that case, I would expect the Monitor to balk and give you an error message...

There are few tests you can do to pin this down but you have not really done as asked before... Kinda why I haven't come back to this topic -_-

One is to leave OBS out of this and run the RGC software to see what it says.

Another is to replace the Monitor (temporary) to see if another will show the output.

Another is to lend the RGC and software to someone else and see if it works for them! Doesn't have to be a Stitch but does have to be HDMI and try it both with and without the DVI adapter.

#29 Aghanim

Aghanim

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Simple things, Simple Software things, Simple hardware things, Sorcery, My Staff.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

The answer might be simple.Nintendo Switch is the new baby in town.Nintendo switch is not compatible with Game Capture HD Pro. If you will check the website: https://www.roxio.co...o/overview.html

Then check the supported console list: Supports Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC Game Capture you will notice that Nintendo Switch is not included. Which means the developers had not tested the device and software with Nintendo Switch yet. Who knows if Nintendo switch uses different codings or such to relay feeds from it to monitors like PS4 and Xbox one did Hence the update for PS4 and Xbox One compatibility. 

If you got "Input Not Supported" at some time during this long troubleshooting, maybe you have found the answer you just don't want it. 

If the software worked for others, then your computer has the problem. Don't blame someone who is trying to help you. Blame those who gave you problems.

"If my magic did not work, look for another"

#30 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

The answer might be simple.Nintendo Switch is the new baby in town.Nintendo switch is not compatible with Game Capture HD Pro. If you will check the website: https://www.roxio.co...o/overview.html

Then check the supported console list: Supports Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC Game Capture you will notice that Nintendo Switch is not included. Which means the developers had not tested the device and software with Nintendo Switch yet. Who knows if Nintendo switch uses different codings or such to relay feeds from it to monitors like PS4 and Xbox one did Hence the update for PS4 and Xbox One compatibility. 

If you got "Input Not Supported" at some time during this long troubleshooting, maybe you have found the answer you just don't want it. 

The issue is not with the Switch. Got an Elgato and it works fine with the Switch and my monitor. The issue with the Roxio is the Roxio. Only issue I have with the Elgato is the stuttering in OBS (which I am working on fixing with Elgato's support team).

#31 Aghanim

Aghanim

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Simple things, Simple Software things, Simple hardware things, Sorcery, My Staff.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

The issue is not with the Switch. Got an Elgato and it works fine with the Switch and my monitor. The issue with the Roxio is the Roxio. Only issue I have with the Elgato is the stuttering in OBS (which I am working on fixing with Elgato's support team).

Then this proves that Roxio Game Capture HD Pro is not compatible with Switch. 

If the software worked for others, then your computer has the problem. Don't blame someone who is trying to help you. Blame those who gave you problems.

"If my magic did not work, look for another"

#32 Dys

Dys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Then this proves that Roxio Game Capture HD Pro is not compatible with Switch. 

No, it doesn't. The issue I had with Roxio was never about getting the capture to show up in the Capture Software or in OBS. I only had issues having it show up on my monitor. This was likely due to the HDCP elements in the Roxio. It has nothing to do with the Switch at all and would have happened regardless of what system was used with the Roxio.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roxio, monitor, hdmi, black screen, no display, dvi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users