• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bodger

Bodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:05 AM

I am having trouble with MyDVD in that when I tell it to burn the project to DVD it goes so far (most of the way) then crashes with an 'out of memory' error writing the menu.  This has happened now on two different PCs, one running Windows 10 the other Windows 7.   I am using a 4.7Gb DVD+R, and the project says that there is 0.3 Gb to spare.   The windows 10 PC has plenty of RAM and a very large hard drive.

Any ideas what is wrong?  Are there some project settings somewhere I have missed  (I am a novice at using this program)?

Thanks

Edited by Bodger, 17 April 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#2 Bodger

Bodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

More:  I just tried to save the project to an ISO image and it immediately produced this error - 

BurnerState_EncodingTitleFailure.

Reason: E_RPLS_FATAL_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY Code: 2147766796

Any ideas?  Probably the same problem as above.

• TWM1942 likes this

#3 Bodger

Bodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Now I've found another problem:  when I preview the project (which has 4 submenus and 12 film clips) I've discovered that the sound is only coming through on the menus and the first clip - the rest remain silent.

What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas please?

Thanks! 

#4 Bodger

Bodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

I think I may have found the reason for the out of memory errors myself!

The software seems to allow you to have 4.7 Gb for the project.  I have just tried again, but limited the project size to under 4.37 Gb (i.e. 4474.88 Mb). 

This time at least it burned  a disc, but I am still not getting any sound on most of the clips - the finished DVD had sound on the first and last clips only.  All the clips used have sound ok when played on the computer.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Edited by Bodger, 17 April 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,963 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

How long in time is your project?

A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

Bodger,

A standard DVD- disc can hold 4488 MB or 4,706,009,088 bytes, which is why vendors (wrongly) call them 4.7 GB discs. They're really nearer to 4.3 GB, and you need to make sure your project doesn't get too close to the maximum and break the write operation.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

In NXT 4 & 5 you have NO control.

As you approach the 1 hour mark, it will downgrade the quality so that it fits the disc. No choice, no setting to override its.

All you can do is work up your project in VideoWave and keep close tabs on time.

However this is a general outline of how it works and I'm not convinced that is your problem.

Need the Project information that Walt asked for as well as your video file specifics.

#8 ryorko1@msn.com

ryorko1@msn.com

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Can you burn a dual layer DVD without the above mentioned limitations?

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

Can you burn a dual layer DVD without the above mentioned limitations?

Using a email address for a username isn't a good idea, please read the red text in my signature.

• ryorko1@msn.com likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#10 ryorko1@msn.com

ryorko1@msn.com

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Digital Guru

I am signed in OK on this forum, but when I go to change my username it keeps telling me my password is incorrect- triple checked and it's not and signs into forum just fine.

Tried changing password where it asks for current password and I get the same message that it is incorrect.

Stumped in how to fix.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

Digital Guru

I am signed in OK on this forum, but when I go to change my username it keeps telling me my password is incorrect- triple checked and it's not and signs into forum just fine.

Tried changing password where it asks for current password and I get the same message that it is incorrect.

Stumped in how to fix.

Go here, http://www.roxio.com...CFQIKaQod37YKIg

Click 'My Account' sign-in and change it there.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users