Bodger

Mydvd Problems

Question

I am having trouble with MyDVD in that when I tell it to burn the project to DVD it goes so far (most of the way) then crashes with an 'out of memory' error writing the menu. This has happened now on two different PCs, one running Windows 10 the other Windows 7. I am using a 4.7Gb DVD+R, and the project says that there is 0.3 Gb to spare. The windows 10 PC has plenty of RAM and a very large hard drive.

Any ideas what is wrong? Are there some project settings somewhere I have missed (I am a novice at using this program)?

Thanks

Edited by Bodger

10 answers to this question

More: I just tried to save the project to an ISO image and it immediately produced this error -

BurnerState_EncodingTitleFailure.

Reason: E_RPLS_FATAL_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY Code: 2147766796

Any ideas? Probably the same problem as above.

• Like 1

Now I've found another problem: when I preview the project (which has 4 submenus and 12 film clips) I've discovered that the sound is only coming through on the menus and the first clip - the rest remain silent.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas please?

Thanks!

I think I may have found the reason for the out of memory errors myself!

The software seems to allow you to have 4.7 Gb for the project. I have just tried again, but limited the project size to under 4.37 Gb (i.e. 4474.88 Mb).

This time at least it burned a disc, but I am still not getting any sound on most of the clips - the finished DVD had sound on the first and last clips only. All the clips used have sound ok when played on the computer.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Edited by Bodger

How long in time is your project?

A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video.

Bodger,

A standard DVD- disc can hold 4488 MB or 4,706,009,088 bytes, which is why vendors (wrongly) call them 4.7 GB discs. They're really nearer to 4.3 GB, and you need to make sure your project doesn't get too close to the maximum and break the write operation.

In NXT 4 & 5 you have NO control.

As you approach the 1 hour mark, it will downgrade the quality so that it fits the disc. No choice, no setting to override its.

All you can do is work up your project in VideoWave and keep close tabs on time.

However this is a general outline of how it works and I'm not convinced that is your problem.

Need the Project information that Walt asked for as well as your video file specifics.

Can you burn a dual layer DVD without the above mentioned limitations?

Using a email address for a username isn't a good idea, please read the red text in my signature.

• Like 1

Digital Guru

I am signed in OK on this forum, but when I go to change my username it keeps telling me my password is incorrect- triple checked and it's not and signs into forum just fine.

Tried changing password where it asks for current password and I get the same message that it is incorrect.

Stumped in how to fix.

Digital Guru

I am signed in OK on this forum, but when I go to change my username it keeps telling me my password is incorrect- triple checked and it's not and signs into forum just fine.

Tried changing password where it asks for current password and I get the same message that it is incorrect.

Stumped in how to fix.

Go here, http://www.roxio.com/enu/default.html?gclid=CI7Ezf_SzNMCFQIKaQod37YKIg

Click 'My Account' sign-in and change it there.