4 replies to this topic

#1 @rodchristopher9

@rodchristopher9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

Hi all,

I just purchased the above software, but struggling to load it onto my laptop. I keep getting an error message saying 'Invalid Product Key' even though I clearly have the correct key numbers inputted. My laptop only runs windows 7. Could this be the problem? Any help would be gratefully received!

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,031 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

Please confirm that you have Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and not this one   http://www.roxio.com...d/overview.html 

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Hi all,

I just purchased the above software, but struggling to load it onto my laptop. I keep getting an error message saying 'Invalid Product Key' even though I clearly have the correct key numbers inputted. My laptop only runs windows 7. Could this be the problem? Any help would be gratefully received!

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite system requirements, https://support.core...Media-Creator-9

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Your Roxie Easy Media Creator 9 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

Hi all,

Rod,

I am running Easy Media Creator 9 Suite under Windows 7. It should run okay subject to the system requirements CD linked to in post #3.

I do worry about where you bought it, though.  The suite was published in 2006-2007 which makes it 10 years old. Are you sure you got the right key off the person who sold it to you?

Also, some vendors' versions had to be activated online and the activation servers have been shut down for years. There is a possibility you might be "up that well-known creek without a paddle".

It would be very useful to know exactly which version and build you have.  In the root directory of the installer CD or software there should be a file called HISTORY.BLD.  If you open that in Notepad, the first few lines should say something like this:

EMC_90
900B88F
R03
US_ENGLISH

What does yours say?

Once you've replied with that information, I can check your key for you if you want. To do that, you need to send me a private message.

Run your mouse cursor over my name "Brendon" just above my photo avatar to the left of this post, and a box will open with info about me. At the bottom left of that box is a button "Send Message".  Click on that and you're in business. Send me the key privately, and I can check that it works on your version. From there we can work out what is needed to get you going.

So please post the first 3 or so lines of History.Bld, and send the key in a private message.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, message, software, easy, media, creator, suite9, invalid, product, key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users