4 replies to this topic

#1 MEMartin

MEMartin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

I am no guru by any means, but have used Roxio Creator software for many years, including several past versions.  I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and have purchased and installed CREATOR NXT PRO 5.  After navigating thru MyDVD (the new version indicated to burn DVDs.... which I dislike), I figured out how to go from the production "Magic Mode" of a new video to the "Advanced Mode", to set up the menu (adjust the menu) and the added videos and have yet to be successful in burning  a DVD. 

After the 99% comes up and it appears the disc will burn... the error message:  BurnerState_Aborting failure (Reason: Unknown Error Code 2147500035) comes up. 

I have attempted this several times with various .mp4 videos already on my computer (produced by Creator 2010 pro).  I am way under  the maximum capacity for the discs (4.7 DVD+R), which I have used and successfully burned in the past weeks with Creator 2010.

I have checked the latest drivers on both of my disc burning drives.  I have switched to "burn software" from the recommended "burn hardware".  My computer has Intel Core i7 CPU, 860@2.80GHz   2.79 GHz    RAM:  8.00GB,  64 bit

I have had no problems burning DVDs from my previous ROXIO CREATOR PRO 2010.

Please help me understand why I cannot burn a DVD+R (in DVD-video format) in My DVD on this version of software.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am thankful that I have two Roxio Creator versions running on my computer, which, hopefully will enable me to burn DVDs of whatever I produce.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

I have checked the latest drivers on both of my disc burning drives.

Drivers for your optical drives are part of the operating system, I've never seen updates for them!

What you can update and should is the firmware for your drive, 2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.

Question is Creator 2010 and NXT5 on the same W-10 PC?

Edited by cdanteek, 29 April 2017 - 04:44 AM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 MEMartin

MEMartin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

I will check into firmware.  Yes, I have Creator 10 Pro and Creator NXT5 Pro on the same computer.  When I purchased NXT5 the Corel person I chatted with suggested running both until I became familiar with Creator NXT 5 Pro.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

I will check into firmware.  Yes, I have Creator 10 Pro and Creator NXT5 Pro on the same computer.  When I purchased NXT5 the Corel person I chatted with suggested running both until I became familiar with Creator NXT 5 Pro.

I would suggest using Creator 2010 a much better My DVD among other applications.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#5 MEMartin

MEMartin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

I definitely will keep Roxio Creator 2010 because it's MyDVD is FAR SUPERIOR compared to the one on Creator NXT5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users