joca

Dual Layer Or Large Size Files

Question

In NXT 5 Pro. How do you create/burn a videowave edited MPEG -2 106 minute 7.5 gig file to a dual layer disk without the quality being compromised WITHOUT MENU

If anybody has the answer I would be eternally grateful because it's got me beat.

14 answers to this question

Have you tried Video Copy & Convert. You can create DVDs without menus. If you can do it to DL discs I don;t know

You can also create a (DL?) iso file which you might be able to burn to a DL DVD using ImgBurn.

I have never tried this.

Since DL discs never really caught on they are disappearing from stores same as BlueRay discs

Have you tried Video Copy & Convert. You can create DVDs without menus. If you can do it to DL discs I don;t know

You can also create a (DL?) iso file which you might be able to burn to a DL DVD using ImgBurn.

I have never tried this.

Since DL discs never really caught on they are disappearing from stores same as BlueRay discs

For anything over 60 minutes Copy&Convert is a non starter because you cannot stop it from compressing your file and will knock anything back to 4.7 gig mitigation is bad quality

we used to be to burn to an image or file/folder/DL disk in dvd and you still can providing you want a menu

Load your MPEG 2 file you output export as to DVD Best Quality in Videowave into ImgBurn.

Follow the screen shots as per the settings.

I loaded a video ts folder but I've did it with videowaves MPEG 2 file and I don't have a DL Disc in my drive.

Tell us how this works for you?

post-97-0-23595400-1493676755_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-48523100-1493676755_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-75559600-1493676755_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-24076300-1493676756_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-48490300-1493676756_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-69289100-1493676754_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-00408700-1493676756_thumb.jpg

I am sorry but my MPEG 2 file will not load into IMGBURN the folder will but not the file it seems it only wants VIDEO TS or ISO

I am sorry but my MPEG 2 file will not load into IMGBURN the folder will but not the file it seems it only wants VIDEO TS or ISO

Look at the pic 'browse for file icon' is that how you tried to load it?

post-97-0-28611000-1493747934_thumb.jpg

Exactly It's the only way I know to load a file. BUT the result was the folder loads but not the MPEG 2 file within the folder.

When clicking the icon the search shows the folder but the folder is empty and the file is not available although it is in the folder. From this I assume that imgburn does no recognise a MPEG file directly. The homepage section that I was using was image from file/folder then build etc.

Of course without the changes in nxt5 menus etc all this hassle would not have happened. It now seems that apart from having a file that fits onto a SL disk roxio is only useful for editing of course that is only my opinion

I can load a 'MPEG 2 file I output export as to DVD Best Quality from Videowave' into ImgBurn.

Why you cant I don't know, the file I used wasn't in a folder, it was just the file on my desktop.

Exactly It's the only way I know to load a file. BUT the result was the folder loads but not the MPEG 2 file within the folder.

When clicking the icon the search shows the folder but the folder is empty and the file is not available although it is in the folder. From this I assume that imgburn does no recognise a MPEG file directly. The homepage section that I was using was image from file/folder then build etc.

Of course without the changes in nxt5 menus etc all this hassle would not have happened. It now seems that apart from having a file that fits onto a SL disk roxio is only useful for editing of course that is only my opinion

cd has labelled the wrong icon as "browse for file". His arrow points to the "Browse for Folder" icon. The icon you want is the one under the "+" sign. That will allow you to browse for the mpg file..

It is hard to follow exactly what you are doing since you description is vague and confusing. For example what does this mean: "The homepage section that I was using was image from file/folder then build etc."?

Edited by myguggi

I can load a 'MPEG 2 file I output export as to DVD Best Quality from Videowave' into ImgBurn.

Why you cant I don't know, the file I used wasn't in a folder, it was just the file on my desktop.

OK I will redo the file and save it as a single file to the desktop and see if that makes a difference because if you can do it then logically so should I

cd has labelled the wrong icon as "browse for file". His arrow points to the "Browse for Folder" icon. The icon you want is the one under the "+" sign. That will allow you to browse for the mpg file..

It is hard to follow exactly what you are doing since you description is vague and confusing. For example what does this mean: "The homepage section that I was using was image from file/folder then build etc."?

I don't think CD has it wrong because the folder is where I go because my file is in a folder. The + sign is greyed out

Sorry you are having a problem following this thread when ImgBurn opens you are presented with an option to chose what action you want to perform you choose and it moves to the next page and so on

Edited by joca

I don't think CD has it wrong because the folder is where I go because my file is in a folder. The + sign is greyed out

Sorry you are having a problem following this thread when ImgBurn opens you are presented with an option to chose what action you want to perform you choose and it moves to the next page and so on

Did you create a Video_TS folder set? Because that is what the "folder" option refers to, not any Windows foder containing files. The files option refers to single files (which may be in folders).

Did you create a Video_TS folder set? Because that is what the "folder" option refers to, not any Windows foder containing files. The files option refers to single files (which may be in folders).

If you haven't caught up with NXT5pro yet you will see that there is no longer in MyDVD an option to do that with a large file requiring a DL disk.

You can create a VIDEO TS folder in copy&convert but only to squeeze onto a 4.7 disk this has been the problem all along always did this in previous versions but not in this one.

ImgBurn as I said the + is greyed out so it cannot be selected

Obviously the "+" is greyed out since you have not entered anything into the textbox or clicked the down arrow to see other files.

Despite your claim, ImgBurn accepts mpg files - you have to select the "Files" icon (not the folder icon) and then navigate to where you have the mpg file.

BTW, I am quite familiar with NXT 5 and I know that myDVD has become basically useless.

I am happy to say that I have now resolved the problem with producing a good quality DVD of my file. It is with thanks particularly to CD for sticking with me on this project that has meant a happy outcome. I did it with DVDstyler what I could not achieve with Roxio so in furture I will use Roxio to edit and DVDstyler to author my file. Thankyou very much Johnnie