#1 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:IT, tech, science ficton, economics & politics, plus many more

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

I've used Roxio for fifteen years plus (must be my 4th or 5th vesrion)

I installed the application last year, all good and well.

Went to burn a disk and for whatever reason the application didn't function.

So I thought I'll do a reinstall, but I cannot find the application on my drives Apps and Settings

It's listed  when I go to Applications so I think (?) to do a proper install I need to do a create a clean install, but for that I need it's location.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm running Win10x64 Pro.

Cheers from Blighty BC

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

You used 'RoxioCreatorNXT5_Setupdownloader.exe' to download Creator 5 files?

Now you don't know where the downloaded files are on your PC to re-install the application?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Hi

I expect that is the case, but I've saved the download to a backup folder, as I've leant the hard way. I looked at Roxio's site but could not find the specific unloader. I'm not too proud to ask. Which one would you suggest as there isn't NXT5 in that list?

Cheers BC

#4 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

Just reconfirming my issue is not installing (yet) but uninstalling the host of applications that came bundled with it, if I am to have a 'clean/fresh' install. BC

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

If you don't have the downloads 1,2,3 of NXT 5's on your hard drive run a repair?

NXT5 had a option to download/install from the 'RoxioCreatorNXT5_Setupdownloader.exe' or download/only the 1,2,3, files to your hard drive for backup.

What option did you do?

Attached File  r5.jpg   78.15KB   0 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 09 May 2017 - 03:57 AM.

• Beecee likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,048 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

BC,

Your original request wasn't clear, but working on all your posts so far I gather that:-

-you've had a programme malfunction with NXT 5,

-you've decided to uninstall/reinstall NXT 5, but couldn't find it in your Windows 10 Apps & Features

-you then looked for a Creator uninstaller, but couldn't find that either

-you have kept a safe copy of your Roxio NXT downloads

Am I right so far? Hoping I am, here are my suggestions

[1] In the NXT series the number of installs you can make with your key is limited by Corel, so you're better off to first try a repair as suggested by Cdanteek in post #5. A repair doesn't take an install off the number permitted for your key.

To do a repair, copy your download files to your hard drive and run setup.exe When you're given the alternatives to Install, Uninstall, or Repair, choose Repair.

That should reinstall without deducting an install from your key.

[2] If the repair doesn't fix things for some reason, then you could try the clean uninstall.   Roxio's clean uninstaller for Creator 2011, Creator 2012, and the NXT series is found here. [KnowledgeBase link].  The KnowledgeBase page describes how to use it, but essentially it's a batch file which runs the installer with a CleanSystem=1 parameter which makes it uninstall everything.

Don't worry that the file is called C2011_CleanSystem.bat.  I just checked, and the setup.exe in NXT 5 will respond to the CleanSystem parameter.

How's that?  Does this answer your questions?

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#7 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

I found Roxio 11 lurking as well as NXT4 so I'm deleting the lot and I'll try and reinstall later today. Thanks BC

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,048 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

Creator 2011 shouldn't interfere with NXT 5, but you have NXT 4 in there as well?

Eeew! That could make for much confusion! Yes, a decent cleanout could well be called for, in that case.

Go well, and do let us know how you get on.

#9 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

I'm sorry for my erratic replies, some time I'm unable to log in and others, well I'm not exactly brill etc.I've run a couple of delete applications and just about wiped all out of it out. I have attempted to open the Zip file that I downloaded, but yes it won't open.Currently this is not a priority as work comes first, so these issues (don't you just love these semantics) have to take their own course of action e.g. when I have the time. Ideally I'd to a fresh download but I've not located a site offering that. Thanks for you assistance, no doubt I'll get there in the end. Cheers BC

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Drop me a PM (private message) by clicking on my name at the top left of this post.

We could hook up through email, and when you have time and are ready I can perhaps help you recover the zip file.

Regards,

Brendon

#11 Beecee

Beecee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

Willco. BC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users