#1 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

[font=Arial Black][size=3][size=5] :)
I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 and it has always worked fine, but today I wanted to copy a DVD to a blank DVD and every time I clicked on Disc Copier and placed my source DVD into the Drive, a small window popped on the screen with the following message:  Disc Copier 7 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  ((Send report to Microsoft) (Don't Send)
     I have downloaded the current Updates but it is still not working.  
     The DVD I'm trying to copy is a personal home DVD of pictures, and I have copied it before.

#2 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:26 PM

Check to see if you have IE7 installed – it will kill V7.

Otherwise it might be time to go to Add/Remove Programs and click on Roxio. It will offer a Repair option. I would try a repair first.
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#3 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:46 PM

View Postjames_hardin, on Nov 14 2006, 02:26 PM, said:

Check to see if you have IE7 installed – it will kill V7.

Otherwise it might be time to go to Add/Remove Programs and click on Roxio. It will offer a Repair option. I would try a repair first.

James, thanks for the response.  I did go to the repair option and now I can copy DVD to DVD.  I have a new problem now.  My DVD will not finalize to play on other players.  I have checked the instructions and have clicked on the command for it to finalize to play on other players when the command is given to eject, but it does not work.  My recording is O.K. because it plays on my computer.

#4 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

View Posterned, on Nov 15 2006, 03:46 PM, said:

James, thanks for the response. I did go to the repair option and now I can copy DVD to DVD. I have a new problem now. My DVD will not finalize to play on other players. I have checked the instructions and have clicked on the command for it to finalize to play on other players when the command is given to eject, but it does not work. My recording is O.K. because it plays on my computer.

Have you tried it on a DVD player?    The default is to finalize the disk.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

#5 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

View Postmlpasley, on Nov 15 2006, 02:07 PM, said:

Have you tried it on a DVD player?    The default is to finalize the disk.

Yes.  When I try it on my DVD player, it doesn't accept it.

#6 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,818 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

In the past had you ever copied that same DVD and had it play O.K. on your set top player ? If yes, then there is still something that needs to be solved. If no, then is there a possibility that your DVD player only can play certain DVD media (i.e. DVD+R or DVD-R).

I have a friend who's DVD player will not play DVD+R media, only likes DVD-R, so I have to be sure when I make a DVD for him I use DVD-R media.

Just a suggestion.

Frank....
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#7 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

View PostREDWAGON, on Nov 15 2006, 03:29 PM, said:

In the past had you ever copied that same DVD and had it play O.K. on your set top player ? If yes, then there is still something that needs to be solved. If no, then is there a possibility that your DVD player only can play certain DVD media (i.e. DVD+R or DVD-R).

I have a friend who's DVD player will not play DVD+R media, only likes DVD-R, so I have to be sure when I make a DVD for him I use DVD-R media.

Just a suggestion.

Frank....
Yes, mine only plays DVD+R, and that is always what I record on.  This whole problem just developed this week when I could not copy DVD to DVD which I got fixed by clicking on the repair button in Add/Remove Programs.  Now that it records, it won't finalize even though I chose the command for it to make the DVD available to be played on other equipment.   I'm wondering if I should totally remove the Roxio Easy Media Creator Home from my computer and then reinstall it.

#8 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

I think I'm missing something.

If you're copying a finalized DVD, your copied DVD should be finalized.   I've never had to 'finalize' a finalized homemade DVD that I copied.

I'm wondering if something else is going on.   Have you changed the 'brand' of DVD that you're using?

Could something else be interferring with the 'write' process?   Have you checked recently for spyware and defragmented your hard drive?
ml

3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI

#9 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

View Posterned, on Nov 16 2006, 09:36 AM, said:

Yes, mine only plays DVD+R, and that is always what I record on.  This whole problem just developed this week when I could not copy DVD to DVD which I got fixed by clicking on the repair button in Add/Remove Programs.  Now that it records, it won't finalize even though I chose the command for it to make the DVD available to be played on other equipment.   I'm wondering if I should totally remove the Roxio Easy Media Creator Home from my computer and then reinstall it.
Your hilighted comment sounds like the eject option using the Drag To Disc program. To copy a DVD you should be using the Disc Copier program. Disc Copier has no option to finalize it, it's automatic.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#10 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

And if you are using Drag2Disc, your DVD player won't have the foggiest what it is.

Lynn

#11 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

View PostLarry, on Nov 16 2006, 10:12 AM, said:

Your hilighted comment sounds like the eject option using the Drag To Disc program. To copy a DVD you should be using the Disc Copier program. Disc Copier has no option to finalize it, it's automatic.
I'm afraid I've not been too clear.  Let me start over.  Totally disregard anything I said about the Drag to Disc because I did get two different items mixed up.      I  did make a copy using the Disc Copier program and when it finished, it ejected the disc.  Then when I tried to play it on my other DVD players, they would not recognize it.  I have two DVD Players, one is older and plays only +R and the other is newer and plays both + and -.  In the past, when I made copies of DVD's using the Disc Copier Program, they would always play on my other players.
      I have checked for spyware, but I have not defragmented this week, so I will do that now.

#12 rich86

rich86

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

View Posterned, on Nov 16 2006, 02:36 PM, said:

I'm afraid I've not been too clear.  Let me start over.  Totally disregard anything I said about the Drag to Disc because I did get two different items mixed up.      I  did make a copy using the Disc Copier program and when it finished, it ejected the disc.  Then when I tried to play it on my other DVD players, they would not recognize it.  I have two DVD Players, one is older and plays only +R and the other is newer and plays both + and -.  In the past, when I made copies of DVD's using the Disc Copier Program, they would always play on my other players.
      I have checked for spyware, but I have not defragmented this week, so I will do that now.

If you have used Disc Copier to copy a playable dvd, and it ran to conclusion without giving you any error messages, your created dvd should play just fine.
The only time I've gotten unplayable dvd's from Disc Copier has been when the program gave me an error message of some type (usually a "problem copying file" type message).  When the completed dvd was ejected and you closed the window that said "completed successfully" - was there any type error message sitting behind that window on your screen?  That is where a problem error message will display.
Currently running Creator 2012 Pro under Windows 7 Pro/64 on a home-built AMD Phenom II Quad processor tower.

#13 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:04 AM

View Postrich86, on Nov 17 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

If you have used Disc Copier to copy a playable dvd, and it ran to conclusion without giving you any error messages, your created dvd should play just fine.
The only time I've gotten unplayable dvd's from Disc Copier has been when the program gave me an error message of some type (usually a "problem copying file" type message).  When the completed dvd was ejected and you closed the window that said "completed successfully" - was there any type error message sitting behind that window on your screen?  That is where a problem error message will display.
No:  When the recording is completed and it says Finished, then ejects.  I can put it right back in and play it on my computer, but it will not play on my other set top players.  It's such a mystery to me, because it has worked several times correctly in the past.  It's just this last week I had the problem.  I got the first problem corrected that I mentioned in this original posting, but the 2nd problem then developed where it won't play on other players.

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

What media are you using? Open DVDInfo Pro and tell us the Media ID of the disc. Below is what it looks like.

DVDINFOPro MCC 004 in 716                         Media Information                            
Region information                                    N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID                                    MCC     004
Media Product Revision Number                                         00h
Format Capacity                                                Blank Disc
Free Blocks                                                     405405696
Free Capacity                                              4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type                                                           DVD+R
Media Type                                                          DVD+R
Manufacturer Rated Speed                                   16.0x 22160KBp
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV 16.0x  22160KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV 12.0x  16620KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  8.0x  11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  6.0x   8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  4.0x   5540KBps
Data area starting sector                                          30000h
Linear Density                                                0.267um/bit
Track Density                                                0.74um/track
Number of Layers                                                        1

Complete Media Code                          
00000000 01 02 00 00 A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 05 3F .............&.?
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 4D 43 43 00 00 00 00 00 30 .......MCC.....0
00000020 30 34 00 38 23 54 37 12 02 54 6C 02 92 5F 15 15 04.8#T7..Tl.._..
00000030 0B 0B 08 08 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0C 0D 01 00 00 00 00 ................

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#15 erned

erned

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:18 AM

View Postcdanteek, on Nov 18 2006, 10:19 AM, said:

What media are you using? Open DVDInfo Pro and tell us the Media ID of the disc. Below is what it looks like.

DVDINFOPro MCC 004 in 716                         Media Information                            
Region information                                    N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID                                    MCC     004
Media Product Revision Number                                         00h
Format Capacity                                                Blank Disc
Free Blocks                                                     405405696
Free Capacity                                              4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type                                                           DVD+R
Media Type                                                          DVD+R
Manufacturer Rated Speed                                   16.0x 22160KBp
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV 16.0x  22160KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV 12.0x  16620KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  8.0x  11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  6.0x   8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  4.0x   5540KBps
Data area starting sector                                          30000h
Linear Density                                                0.267um/bit
Track Density                                                0.74um/track
Number of Layers                                                        1

Complete Media Code                          
00000000 01 02 00 00 A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 05 3F .............&.?
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 4D 43 43 00 00 00 00 00 30 .......MCC.....0
00000020 30 34 00 38 23 54 37 12 02 54 6C 02 92 5F 15 15 04.8#T7..Tl.._..
00000030 0B 0B 08 08 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0C 0D 01 00 00 00 00 ................

cdanteek
Cdanteek, please forgive me.  Your picture on the monitor is so ugly, I get scared everytime I look at it.  As you probably realize, I am computer illiterate.  I have looked at everything in my hard drive, files, and documents and cannot pull up anything like DVDINFOPro.  I just don't know how to search for that information.  Please help one more time, and I won't ask again.

#16 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

View Posterned, on Nov 20 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

Cdanteek, please forgive me. Your picture on the monitor is so ugly, I get scared everytime I look at it. As you probably realize, I am computer illiterate. I have looked at everything in my hard drive, files, and documents and cannot pull up anything like DVDINFOPro. I just don't know how to search for that information. Please help one more time, and I won't ask again.

You're referring to the avatar of cdanteek? :huh:  :)  :D
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:57 AM

"erned" I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 and it has always worked fine

In version EMC 7.5 under programs or tools DVDInfo Pro should be there!

Cdanteek, please forgive me. Your picture on the monitor is so ugly, I get scared everytime I look at it.

Thanks for the compliment. might I suggest watching the movie where the avatar comes from?  

Stanley Kubrick The Shining 1980 with Jack and Shelly, a  must see movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/

malatekid,
Now to you kid, what is so funny!

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#18 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:04 AM

View Postcdanteek, on Nov 20 2006, 10:57 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliment. might I suggest watching the movie where the avatar comes from?

Stanley Kubrick The Shining 1980 with Jack and Shelly, a must see movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/

malatekid,
Now to you kid, what is so funny!

cdanteek

Nothing personal, cd; just the way the OP brought up his/her comment.
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#19 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:18 AM

View Posterned, on Nov 20 2006, 07:18 AM, said:

Cdanteek, please forgive me.  Your picture on the monitor is so ugly, I get scared everytime I look at it.  As you probably realize, I am computer illiterate.  I have looked at everything in my hard drive, files, and documents and cannot pull up anything like DVDINFOPro.  I just don't know how to search for that information.  Please help one more time, and I won't ask again.

OK, I don't have EMC 7.5, so I can't say EXACTLY where it is in the program.  I would suspect you can find it on the tools menu.

However, unless the others settle down and give the specifics, you can also jdownload it (it's a small, free program) from www.dvdinfopro.com - by the time you'd have to renew the free program in 30 days, this should be solved.

Lynn

#20 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

View Postcdanteek, on Nov 20 2006, 09:57 AM, said:

In version EMC 7.5 under programs or tools DVDInfo Pro should be there!

cdanteek

It's not in version 7.1 :)
ml

3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)