• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dajson

dajson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

NXT will just rollback without installing. I disabled antivirus without success. Now when I enter serial number it states I have used it too much.Attached is log file.

Attached File  LogFile 17-05-31 11-32.zip   6.64MB   8 downloads

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,906 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Every log file I looked at, not all, list Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit as the OS!

If all those are for install attempts are for  NXT 4 you have used your limit of activations and Roxio would have to reset them.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

David, what has Roxio Technical Support said about this? [Link Here]

You really should be talking with them. Your log shows 26 attempts at installing, and in 20 of those the install has failed with error 1603 when trying to install Roxio Burn. Now your permitted 20 attempts are used up and your key needs to be reset.

We're fellow users on this board, and only Roxio Support has the ability to reset your key.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#4 dajson

dajson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

cdanteek - I have windows 10, can you explain why the log notes windows7?

Brendon- they had me remove virus software and try under new user account. Neither worked so I was seeking other advice.

Thanks to both of you for replying

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,906 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

cdanteek - I have windows 10, can you explain why the log notes windows7?

You aren't trying to install it under W-7 compatibility mode?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

David,

Don't worry about the log noting Windows 7. It must be a "Roxio thing" - My NXT 5 log thinks Windows 10 was Windows 8, Build 9200. :wacko: :blink:

As long as they have reset your key (without which, nothing is going to happen) why don't you try doing a custom install, excluding Roxio Burn? See if that will get around the error that Burn is producing. I wonder why they didn't suggest this.

Attached File  cust01.jpg   41.32KB   0 downloadsAttached File  cust02.jpg   53.25KB   0 downloads

Just uncheck Roxio Secure Burn (and anything else you don't want) in the list, and install without them.

I think it's worth a try, and no customer should have to endure 26 fruitless install attempts.  :)

Regards,

Brendon

#7 dajson

dajson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

I am not installing in windows 7 comparability mode. I tried installing separate items without success even before I spoke to customer service.

Thanks.

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

I didn't think you were installing in compatibility mode. As I pointed out, NXT 5 doesn't seem to know what to call Windows 10.

20 of your logs said the failure occurred when installing Roxio Burn. Since you're only allowed 20 installs, I didn't go look at the other 6 logs.

I'll go back and look there to see if I can get any other leads.

Meantime, have you got Support to reset your installer key? We can't move forward until that is done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users