dajson

Can't Reinstall Nxt 4 In Windows 10

Question

7 answers to this question

Every log file I looked at, not all, list Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit as the OS!

If all those are for install attempts are for NXT 4 you have used your limit of activations and Roxio would have to reset them.

David, what has Roxio Technical Support said about this? [Link Here]

You really should be talking with them. Your log shows 26 attempts at installing, and in 20 of those the install has failed with error 1603 when trying to install Roxio Burn. Now your permitted 20 attempts are used up and your key needs to be reset.

We're fellow users on this board, and only Roxio Support has the ability to reset your key.

Regards,

Brendon

cdanteek - I have windows 10, can you explain why the log notes windows7?

Brendon- they had me remove virus software and try under new user account. Neither worked so I was seeking other advice.

Thanks to both of you for replying

cdanteek - I have windows 10, can you explain why the log notes windows7?

You aren't trying to install it under W-7 compatibility mode?

David,

Don't worry about the log noting Windows 7. It must be a "Roxio thing" - My NXT 5 log thinks Windows 10 was Windows 8, Build 9200. :wacko::blink:

As long as they have reset your key (without which, nothing is going to happen) why don't you try doing a custom install, excluding Roxio Burn? See if that will get around the error that Burn is producing. I wonder why they didn't suggest this.

post-208-0-96758900-1496699361_thumb.jpgpost-208-0-95496500-1496699372_thumb.jpg

Just uncheck Roxio Secure Burn (and anything else you don't want) in the list, and install without them.

I think it's worth a try, and no customer should have to endure 26 fruitless install attempts. :)

Regards,

Brendon

I am not installing in windows 7 comparability mode. I tried installing separate items without success even before I spoke to customer service.

Thanks.

I didn't think you were installing in compatibility mode. As I pointed out, NXT 5 doesn't seem to know what to call Windows 10.

20 of your logs said the failure occurred when installing Roxio Burn. Since you're only allowed 20 installs, I didn't go look at the other 6 logs.

I'll go back and look there to see if I can get any other leads.

Meantime, have you got Support to reset your installer key? We can't move forward until that is done.