7 replies to this topic

#1 robteg

robteg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hi all, any tips on this poser please....running Win10 ,have 2013 Creator NXT PRO that up to now has produced decent dvd's from videos from my Canon camera .

For some reason now when burned onto a  dvd there are many frames dropped  making the playback jerky, am using the same blank discs as before.

A second attempt then gave the error code  8004520 -ERROR WHILST ENCODING MOVIE, tried changing the render to hardware after re-installing the prog ,the error mesage has gone but still getting frames being dropped after burning onto dvd , any simple things i can try please ?

Apologies if posted on wrong board .

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,519 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

I can't say this is the problem, but NXT is not Win 10 certified.

NXT 4 & 5 are but they have been cut back so far from what you have, that I cannot recommed them.

Software Rendering works best, hardware is the default. Also putting several cuts in your clip seems to help.

And always use HQ settings even if you have to go to a bigger disc (8.4) or split your project across more DVDs.
  • robteg likes this

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,393 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

... and also burn to an image file (ISO file) and then burn that to a disc.  That puts less stress on your computer.

• robteg likes this

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 robteg

robteg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the info ,will try the advice....seems odd though Jim that it has been ok on Win10 for yonks , but i guess that  pc's for you !

Just what is the best product Roxio has for simply making dvd's that is ok with Win 10 please ?

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,519 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

I like Creator 2012 & NXT 3.

I believe some have run NXT in Win 10 with success. Try starting the install but choose Repair when it is offered.

Also try what Steve suggested as breaking it into two steps seems to help.
  • robteg likes this

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,048 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

..seems odd though Jim that it has been ok on Win10 for yonks , but i guess that  pc's for you !

You need to remember that Windows 10 has been through two big iterations since it was first released, and a host of little ones.

The Anniversary edition (1607) was a year after the first release, and more recently the Creators' edition (1703) was pushed out to Windows 10 operators.

As well as the involuntary main edition changes, there are now compulsory "monthly rollups" so it's very difficult to manage your Windows updates and see what software is being broken by the sweeping changes Microsoft makes.

What used to run under Windows 10 might falter after these changes.

• robteg likes this

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#7 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

I do not have Windows 10, but it seems to me, from reading posts here, and at other sites, Windows 10 is not the OS to turn to.  I have no need to move on from Windows 7 Pro.  And, I just stepped up from XP about 3 weeks ago.  It is superior, in most ways, over XP.  You can take, with a grain of salt, what I say.  I only know what I have seen.  I have no need, at this age, downgrade to Windows 10.  I have not yet seen a good reason to have Windows 10, on your computer, unless it came with it installed already.

• robteg likes this

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#8 robteg

robteg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

Thanks again for the input ,will shop around for Creator 2012 & NXT 3 . :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users