Sign in to follow this  
taunri

Tv Doesn't Support Hdcp

Question

So i bought a roxio game capture hd pro to record gameplay, stream etc. go to set it up, consistantly says no signal no matter what, turned off hdcp on my ps4 still didnt work, when to change recording settings through the game capture software, clicked settings, then profile but it was blank, wouldn't let me choose the quality, so not sure how to fix this, also i am pretty sure that my tv doesn't support hdcp, so how would i get around it, i used to own a elgato hd60 which worked perfectly fine with this tv, any help would be much appreicated.

3 answers to this question

Not clear as to what is saying "no signal '.

If it is the software, what color is the text?

Not clear as to what is saying "no signal '.

If it is the software, what color is the text?

Red, as in it isnt geting a signal from the ps4/tv the hdmi is plugged in correctly.

Correct, no valid signal is reaching the Capture device. This backs up the blank settings options. No Signal so there's nothing that can be offered until it knows what it is dealing with.

Settings in the PS4 need changed. HDCP turned off and you can't use any auto settings in there as they require a handshake that isn't going to happen. Keep it simple, 1920 X 1080 @ 30P till you get it running.

Roxio outputs HDCP so you will need an HDMI splitter for your TV to work. But let's get it working first!

Another thing to try is to use another HDMI source. A BD or DVD player will work for testing, but you can't record from them.