pwillis

Bullet Text In Videowave

Question

I have Roxio Creator 10. I'm doing a slideshow which has to be timed exactly to music. I started using PowerPoint because I'm more familiar with how to use it, but each time I run the slideshow with PowerPoint, the music starts at a slightly different time, so I think Videowave in Roxio is my best bet. My problem relates to some text slides I have. In PowerPoint, it's pretty easy to add bullet points and have the text fade in line by line on a slide. I can also change the timing at which the text lines fade in. I can't figure out how to do this in Videowave or if it's even possible to do it in Videowave. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Please verify which Creator you have.....Roxio Creator 10 or Roxio Creator 2010?

You posted in the Creator 2010 forum, yet you said in the first sentence you have Creator 10 !!!!!!!

Edited by ogdens

Videowave has 'Text Affects' there are no 'Bullet Text' I know of.

Where did you get the words 'Bullet Text' from?

It's not a term of art. Bullet points would probably be more accurate. PowerPoint allows you to organize text as bullet points and animate how it sequentially appears on a slide.

Try starting your text with Alt 0149 (•)

You press and hold the Alt key - type the 149 (numeric keypad only) and when you release Alt, it shows.

I tried for a bigger one (●), 25CF, Alt X, but it doesn't work in VW or here :( However, if you can generate it in MS Word or some other source (notepad won't do it), you can copy and paste it into your Text Effect, like I did here.

Then there is my favorite, ;)

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried creating a text box, setting up the flashing cursor to begin, then holding the Alt key and typing 149 on the numeric keypad, but the production just advanced one slide each time I typed without putting anything in the initial text box. Was I doing something out of order?

In any event, I think I haven't presented my question clearly enough. More important than the bullet "points" themselves is my hope to fade in more than one line of text on a slide sequentially. I know VW will allow me to fade in the entire slide, but I'm wondering if there is a way, either using one slide or using multiple slides, to create an effect of fading in text line by line?

I don't know why that would not work, it is pretty much a standard Windows convention that works on all my PC both in VideoWave or outside of it... I do have MS Office installed and those are from its' character sets. Some of the other common ones I use are for the em space and the em dash.

I don't know how to do the fading but you should consider the KISS formula... You want people to remember the content, not how you presented it. I have seen too many boring lectures because the presenter relied more on dazzle that content -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin