SLI_Fallen

Photo (Or Video) "sketch" Transition?

Question

]I saw a really cool transition effect on a video that started with an all white background and slowly filled in image outlines (like a black and white coloring book drawing) and once the drawing was complete, it colored into the actual start frame of the video and then the video started to play.

I have reached out to the videos creator to find out how this was done (and with what software) but have got no response. I just upgraded to NXT 5 pro but after scouring all the transitions and effects I cant find anything similar.

I've included a short video capture of the effect itself for explanation.

Any ideas?

My Movie.wmv

3 answers to this question

How much are you willing to spend -- I don;t think that is a $100 program/solution. It is not a transition by itself. Look at Corel Draw. Go to the Corel forums and ask there.

Look like a “Find Edges”-like filter on a still image, that is slowly “painted” (revealed) in a stop-motion manner over 7 seconds, then dissolved into the first movie frame. It is context-aware (it follows the tracks separate from the surroundings), implying very little automation. Nicely done, it won’t be a one-click solution, but a lot of hard work.

Agree, looks like find edges and blend probably Adobe Premier Pro.