Aluwolf

How Do I Get Higher Than 480P In Other Streaming Programs?

Question

Because I like to have notifications for followers among other things, I use OBS (Open broadcast software) to stream. My Roxio HD Pro has no trouble being detected, but when I go to select a manual resolution, the only one in the drop down menu is 720 x 480, or 480p. What's weird is this resolution up scaled to a higher one using OBS tools looks identical to the quality of Roxio Game Capture HD Pro's 1080p. Does Roxio not actually capture in true HD? Is there just an up scaling done by the Roxio Game Capture Software for marketing purposes? Surely true 1080p would have created a notable improvement in quality, but there's not.

CPU: I5-4590

Ram: 8GB ddr3

Gpu: Sapphire R9 380X Nitro Overclock Edition.

Edited by Aluwolf

2 answers to this question

looks identical to the quality of Roxio Game Capture HD Pro's 1080p. :wacko::unsure:

The game capture card lets you capture gaming footage in HD (up to 1080 30p/1080 60i), with HDMI or Component input and output.

But note that the capture/streaming quality is only as high as received. If the device is receiving 480, that is all it will output.

"Upscaleing" can't really do anything... A black pixel at 480 will be 2, black pixels at 1080 and that means no change in the perceived resolution.