PaulyCC

Error Message Editing Tags

Question

I'm using project disc creator and I was filling in some ID tag information when I started getting an error message which comes up no matter what I do short of shutting down any editing. It will say:

const m_strClass= #32770

const m_strButtonClass=MusicDiscCreatorMainDlg.

And a couple more of these.

I closed everything down. Rebooted the program. Again, I try loading songs into the project and by the second one I get the error messages again. I cannot continue. How do I address this?

Edited by PaulyCC

4 answers to this question

filling in some ID tag information

For what?

Where did the music file come from and name?

What format and sampling rate is the music?

It's my own music I recorded. I wound up contacting customer service and they had me do an uninstall and some double checks to clean up some old files. I'll see how it works now. They were mp3s at 320 kbs.

It's my own music I recorded. I wound up contacting customer service and they had me do an uninstall and some double checks to clean up some old files. I'll see how it works now. They were mp3s at 320 kbs.

Using any unusual fonts or characters or long text? Please post an example of what you are trying to use.

I wound up reinstalling it and it seems to be operating again. But now, I am not getting any metadata to show up on my computer. I tried using an .aif format and I cannot get that metadata to show up on my PC. When I tried it an mp3 version of the song in the previous buggy version I could see it sometimes. I had originally entered the metadata there on mp3 version of my music files I'd loaded on to my computer in the Windows format. Even that still presented problems as when I took those audio files and put them into Disc Creator only some of the songs had their metadata show up. Most of them were blank and I had to fill them in again on Disc Creator even though they were all in the same album file. Why some and not others?

But trying to do this in .aif (ideally for better quality as it is a PCM format) it came up blank. I tried it a couple times with the "embed or replace tags inside the audio format if supported by the format" box checked and unchecked. Nor did it read my title and artist's name which I put in Audio Project CD settings with the add CD-text box checked. Unknown artist, genre, etc. are all I get after filling in the metadata using your program.

I bought this software in the first place to have metadata authoring software which would specifically make this as easy and universal as possible. It worked earlier. Is this a problem with my 'new' reinstalled program? The only thing it is doing right is that the track order is in place and the songs play in the correct order as listed as was not the case burning my songs to Windows directly before looking into Roxio.

I suppose I'll ask technical support as well but if anyone here can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.