• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mariolover

mariolover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

I downloaded the latest version of Easy CD and DVD Burning as a physical download and in MyDVD when I click "Add New Movie", no mp4 files show up for me to choose from. Can anyone help me with this?

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,131 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hello,

Easy CD & DVD Burning has been 'surgically altered' so that it can no longer handle many of the more popular input file types.

MP4 is one of the types which was removed when it was castrated.

Here is a topic discussing that from 2015 (link)

Here's a comparative list of the video files the software can now handle. The full software (Creator 2012) is at the top, and Easy CD & DVD Burning is at the bottom.

You'll note that the filetypes outlined in red have been removed. Audio files are a separate list, but have been similarly castrated.

rb14.jpg

We have no idea why the owners did this, but if you've just purchased this software directly from Roxio and it's not suitable for your needs you should consider applying immediately for a refund. Roxio say they will refund if returned within a month of purchase, but don't delay.

Regards,

Brendon

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 mariolover

mariolover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

How do I find another version of the software that supports mp4 files?

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,262 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

NO version of Easy CD and DVD Burning supports MP4 files.

You would need to convert them to one of the formats Brendon supplied in the lower picture of his post.

However... Keep in mind that NO version of Easy CD and DVD Burning supports resolutions greater than 720 X 480 (DVD).

If the combination of these 2 do not fit your needs, see if you can return the Easy CD and DVD Burning you have and go for something else after checking the specs ;)

#5 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

Right, for Roxio products, your option would be Creator NXT 5.  While that will handle MP4 files, the disc authoring application has been "dumbed down" a lot.  As a general consensus, Creator 2012 Pro is considered the best product Roxio put out.  Many are happily running it with Windows 10 (myself included).  So finding a "new in box" copy of Creator 2012 may do well for you.  Of course, it is no longer supported by Roxio.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users