bjkaufman

Transfer Roxio 2012 To Nxt5

Question

I just received and installed NXT5. Problem is that it will not open when I double click the icon. If I go to the start menu and press Roxio NXT5 it just puts an icon in the system tray. I then have to right click on the icon and then click on Maximize to get it to open. I have uninstalled this and reinstalled it twice and it does the same thing. How do I get this to open with a simple click?

11 answers to this question

Just installed NXT5 after using 2012 for many years. Seems I can not open 2012 files in NXT5. There are a few that I had started, but now I can't finish them in NXT5. Is there a way to open 2012 files to make them usable. Do I have to reload 2012?

NXT 5 is inferior to C2012,, especially the "new" myDVD is completely different from C2012 and almost useless. Projects from C2012 do not work in NXT 5.I suggest you dump NXT 5 and reinstall C2012 which many of us consider the best Roxio version.

If your NXT 5 is a download you could return it and get a refund.

Actually, you can install Creator 2012 on Win 10 After you have NXT 4/5 installed and both will run fine.

Backward in-compatibility is nothing new to Roxio. They just never bothered to make it work or provide a converter program to update the projects...

Same results. The once the NXT 4 pr 5 is installed, the 2012 can be installed. The installer for 2012 will not see NXT as a "threat" and will not insist on removing it.

If you go the other way around, 2012 then NXT, it won't work ;)

So if NXT5 is so bad, why is Roxio promoting it as the next best thing? I have the hard disk. Can it be returned for a refund?

So if NXT5 is so bad, why is Roxio promoting it as the next best thing? I have the hard disk. Can it be returned for a refund?

You have a software disc?

Who did you buy it from?

When did you buy it?

Yes I have the disk, which I ordered from Roxio a few weeks ago.

You should be able to return it.

Contact customer service.

A aside, a disk is your hard drive, a compact disc is a disc.

Edited by cdanteek

Thanks all, I got my refund! I like 2012 much better. Let me know when something better comes out that actually works.

• Like 1

Let me know when something better comes out that actually works.

Don't hold your breath waiting. :unsure:

Each 'new' version since Creator 2012 seems to have been 'simplified' more, or to have fewer abilities.

I wonder if any of the original Roxio developers are still with the company, and thinking about that it might be sensible for Corel to promote and develop their own brand rather than the old Roxio brand. Just guessing.