11 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Caz

Matt Caz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

I'm a Roxio Toast user and perhaps I'm expecting too much but I did some research and from what I could find, there should be a way to add motion menu's to a blu ray/dvd menu but I can't find it anywhere.  Also I have been looking for the following features that I thought would be standard based on them being in Toast Titanium for Mac since windows programs always have more features than PC software company versions of software for the mac.

1- Encoding -> NEVER.. in Toast I can turn of encoding so that my m2ts files don't re-encode and waste time

2- Add menu's in Advanced mode. Am I crazy or is MYDVD the only place you can have a menu?  I've looked all over and can't find where to add them.  In Toast You can just drag them into the media area and they get added to the menu.. truth be told though.. you can't edit any of the text or placement "on the menu".

All I'm trying to do is add m2ts files to a blu ray with a motion menu to play when the disk is inserted in a blu ray player.

Did I waste my money on this?  Is there something out there that will do what I want?

I sincerely appreciate the time and assistance that anyone may provide.

Thanks

matt caswell

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

Not what it used to be starting in the NXT 4 version -_-

Most of us continue to use the NXT 3 or even the Creator 2012 versions which seem to run in Win 10 ok.

We think Corel crippled it hoping you would buy their product out of frustration.

Personal Opinion: People want to see Content, not pretty menus, Don't waste a lot of time creating what will be passed over and forgotten ;)

• Mike_mn likes this

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

Hi Matt,  

Creator NXT 5 is a broken shell of what was one of the best video editor/disc creator programs going.  If you bought it directly from Roxio, return it within 30 days.  If you bought it at a big box store, try to return it indication that it doesn't do what it was supposed to.  You may get lucky.

Look at the "Copy and Convert" part of the program.  It will allow you to set the format for blu ray but does not offer a menu.  Or you can select DVD and get a menu but not the format.   I could not find any combination of settings that give you what you are asking for.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea.  Sorry.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 Matt Caz

Matt Caz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

I thank you both for your time in answering my questions.  I did get it from Roxio and will be asking for a refund.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Pop back and let us know what you decided to use ;)

#6 Matt Caz

Matt Caz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

I have gotten a refund and deleted the multitude of files from my Windows 7 on my iMac 27".  For now I will stick with Toast for the Mac, although thats another program Corel is treating like  crap.

Matt

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for you update Matt -_-

#8 Mike_mn

Mike_mn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

I've been a Roxio customer going way back to EMC 7, 9, 2010.  Was about to purchase an upgrade to NXT 5 Pro.  Glad I checked the forums first.  I would have been disappointed.

Is 'NXT 3' is the last 'good' version that includes full versions before Corel hacked them apart?  If not, any suggestions as to which version i should get?

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

NXT 3 is what I keep around but Creator 2012 Pro seems to be the high water mark for the Creator series -_- It runs in Windows 10 whereas NXT 3 can be a little flakey.

#10 Mike_mn

Mike_mn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.  Is the flakiness of NXT 3 limited to Win10?  Or, is it also flakey on Win 7?

NXT 3 Pro is currently $34!  Whereas 2012 pro is almost the same $ as NXT 5 Pro!!!

I have 2010 Pro - currently not installed.  I could just use that again.  But, I'm sure there are advantages to going to 2012 or NXT 3?  (I know, a loaded question)

#11 Mike_mn

Mike_mn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

Opps.  Correction.  2012 Pro is around $45.

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

I have 2010 Pro - currently not installed.

Creator 2010, 2011, and 2012 are basically the same.

Try your Creator 2010 on your W-7 and see if it meets your needs?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users