Sign in to follow this  
joca

Border Or No Border

Question

I wish to produce a video/dvd that fills the screen of my tv.

Currently I can only seem to produce a final production that has two black bands top and bottom of screen.

maybe wrongly I thought that aspect 4.3 normal would fill the screen and aspect 16.9 would be widescreen and have the black bands.

If I am using the wrong aspect ratio is there any way I can change it after editing my production in videowave

or do I have to start all over again which on this occasion would not be viable due to the amount of editing I have done.

4 answers to this question

The choice for 4:3 or 16:9 on DVD is separate from the absence or inclusion of letterbox bars, but not totally unrelated.

7LEll4p.png

The black bars help if the source and target don’t match and you still want all of the original to show. Filling the screen will cause something to be lost on the sides or top/bottom, when the aspect ratio of source and target doesn't match. Many modern tvs have a zoom feature, but something will get cut off.

Edited by theoldarchiver

The choice for 4:3 or 16:9 on DVD is separate from the absence of inclusion of letterbox bars, but not totally unrelated.

7LEll4p.png

The black bars help if the source and target don’t match and you still want all of the original to show. Filling the screen will cause something to be lost on the sides or top/bottom, when the aspect ratio of source and target doesn't match. Many modern tvs have a zoom feature, but something will get cut off.

Thank you for the graphic explanation.

How do I arrive at 16.9 full frame in roxio with a videowave edit of 4.3.

The original input is from a HD cam

I did say it was confusing for me because I never know what is best to start with 16.9 or 4.3 TV is widescreen

Is there any way I can re-render to achieve 16.9 full screen

Thank you for the graphic explanation.

How do I arrive at 16.9 full frame in roxio with a videowave edit of 4.3.

The original input is from a HD cam

I did say it was confusing for me because I never know what is best to start with 16.9 or 4.3 TV is widescreen

Is there any way I can re-render to achieve 16.9 full screen

If you have HD video, you use 16.9, not 4.3. You picked the wrong one?

If you have HD video, you use 16.9, not 4.3. You picked the wrong one?

Thank's I'll remember that