Theyorkshireladdy

Videowave Being Painfully Slow

Question

hello i have been using videowave for quite some time now and i have recentally got a new computer so i have put the software on the computer and i have a 1 hour long video that i have been trying to edit but after every action for example i press play to watch the preview the software says it's not responding and then responds after a while and then if I do something else it doesn't respond at all

9 answers to this question

Not a lot of info there...

Make sure your PC is set to High Performance (Control Panel - Power Options)

Make sure your VideoWave is set to Software Render (Tools - Options)

Then try a small file and see what it does.

An hour long file you captured should not tax VidoeWave but you may want to do a Repair to make sure it didn't get corrupted.

Keep us updated ;)

the video was rendered using those settings. the video is 2 seperate clips each at 720p 60fps and i wanted to render them both in the same clip. a small clip works fine the overall file size for the 1 hour long video is 4.37gb and i tried re-rendering it and the same thing happened again the original files used in the video are not corrupted. i have rendered the video using SmartAVC if that has anything to do with it. i definately know it is not my pc's performance as my pc has I5-7600K 3.8ghz 16gb ram and a 6gb GXT 1060 graphics card.

Edited by Theyorkshireladdy

Then you try hardware rendering...

Your PC specs may not mean anything if you multi-task while the editor in running or your HDD space is fragmented or low.

the problem still occurs with hardware or software rendering as i have rendered them with no other pending operation and the problem still occurs

What is it you are trying to create? what format? what destination?

Is this captured video from a game?

i have a 1 hour long video which consists of two 2 clips recorded on xbox one pieced together i rendered the full clip off at 720p 60fps using the SmartAVC format the full clip renders fine but when i put the full clip into videowave to trim the clip down to the bits i want it is slow and i can't do anything without it not responding or taking forever to perform any actions