• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pierofrezza

pierofrezza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

A couple of months ago Apple, during the developers conference, has stated that during the 2018 macOS will migrate completely to 64-bit, so all the apps have to be in 64-bit in order to work correctly...so, my question is: are there some planning about making Roxio Toast a native 64-bit app in the future?

#2 theoldarchiver

theoldarchiver

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

I’m sure that will depend on sales prognoses. It might take a complete re-write: If a simple re-compile as 64 bit had worked, then we would have seen it already. Going 64 bit with old code may introduce new errors that are perhaps not easily fixed.

The MyDVD app is already 64 bit, which is already kind of a weird situation, with two apps that do similar things in one suite.

#3 pierofrezza

pierofrezza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

I completely agree, but I would like to add a thing: to make this situation weirder than it appears, all the other apps of the Toast suite are 64-bit native, except the main one (Toast)...

#4 tlt49

tlt49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

I upgraded my operating system to High Sierra last week. Burned a CD using Toast 15 with no problems. Then later in the night I could not get it to open again. Kept getting errors, so this morning I logged on to Roxio and thought I would just upgrade to 16. Well having paid for the new software Im still having the same issues. And I do believe its because toast isn't in 64 like the rest of the programs in the Toast package. Now my question is what is Roxio going to do to fix this problem and I going to get my money back or am i just F*****?

#5 theoldarchiver

theoldarchiver

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

I upgraded my operating system to High Sierra last week. Burned a CD using Toast 15 with no problems. Then later in the night I could not get it to open again. Kept getting errors, so this morning I logged on to Roxio and thought I would just upgrade to 16. Well having paid for the new software Im still having the same issues.

While the action of OS upgrade could perhaps be related to issues with certain software, I wonder why you thought T16 would solve that. The system requirements don’t mention the latest OS release.

And I do believe its because toast isn't in 64 like the rest of the programs in the Toast package.

At WWDC in June, Apple has said that “macOS High Sierra will be the last macOS release to support 32-bit apps without compromise”, so that by itself shouldn’t be the reason until next year.

Now my question is what is Roxio going to do to fix this problem and I going to get my money back or am i just F*****?

If you bought it directly from the Roxio Store/Digital River, then a 30 day money back guarantee applies. 

#6 jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

i am interested in getting toast 16 to run on high sierra.

i called roxio and they said that 16 is 64 bit and will work fine.

i only want to rip and burn CD with crossfades.

will it work ????

JM

Edited by jamesfrmphilly, 09 October 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#7 pierofrezza

pierofrezza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

i am interested in getting toast 16 to run on high sierra.

i called roxio and they said that 16 is 64 bit and will work fine.

i only want to rip and burn CD with crossfades.

will it work ????

JM

Toast 16 is absolutely not in 64 bit, is still in 32 bit...the other applications of the bundle are already in 64 bit, but not Toast (and also Disc Catalog Maker RE)

#8 n0rb3rt

n0rb3rt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

If you bought it directly from the Roxio Store/Digital River, then a 30 day money back guarantee applies.

I bought mine directly in the Webshop. Do you know how can I apply for the refund? Toast 16 Pro is a piece of ^#!&, sorry.

#9 theoldarchiver

theoldarchiver

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Do you know how can I apply for the refund?

Support﹥Support Home﹥Customer Service﹥Apply for a refund (Returns and cancellations)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users