9 replies to this topic

#1 jcarrs

jcarrs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

I got it to work once. When it wouldn't work with the same tape., I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. same problem when I try to capture, "no video detected" and I can hear the audio come on then off in several second intervals.

I have a Sony HI8 EV-c100 tape deck connected to  a Win10/64 computer.

Attached File  Capture.GIF   19.63KB   0 downloads

Edited by jcarrs, 15 August 2017 - 01:37 PM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

You said   "Sony HI8 EV-c100 tape deck "    How do you have it connected?  What plugs/cords are you using?   Typically you need a IEEE firewire connection.  USB typically is for images only.

You said you got it to work once -- for how long?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 jcarrs

jcarrs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

S connect and LR audio one tape, then I disconnected to try on another computer

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

What exactly does your post mean in terms we can understand?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#5 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

S type of connection for video, and Left and Right audio plugs plugged in.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

You must have had a decoder ring, my cereal box was empty :lol:

#7 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Does it work when hooked up to your TV. You may have to use a Composite cable (Yellow (video) Red&White (audio) for this test, as most TV's don't have S-Video jacks.

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

You must have had a decoder ring, my cereal box was empty :lol:

So was mine! :rolleyes:

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#9 jcarrs

jcarrs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

Well, it looks like in all my connects and re connects to computer and TV I broke my S-vid cable. I first tried disconnecting the S plug and using the component vid connector. It worked. I then Tried a new s-video cable, It worked. So it looks like i'm ready to go. I'll go with the S-vid set-up because I assume that the quality is better...,correct?. Also the VTD3 captures at mpeg2 is that going to give me all the quality of the Hi8 video?

Thanks for all your help And your patience with me. tks! joe 

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

Who would have thought???

FYI the Yellow RCA cable is Composite not component. S-Video is a little bit better than Composite. Just make sure you set Capture Quality to max and the same for output. It is automatic if you create a DVD Movie. If you go the Computer route, it is up to you to set quality.

Note that none of us Record DVD. We all capture to file then use the edit & save to finish. Just too much can go wrong with Record DVD...

If you are authoring a DVD Movie, then make sure you don't ever use the Fit to Disc. Span is OK for 2 discs but KEEP to the rule that a 4.7 GB disc only holds 1 hour of HQ DVD Movie!

The capture will be as good as the source but only up to DVD quality - 720 X 480 @ 9 mbps.

Don't start out by doing batch projects. Do a test project or two then if happy, go to a real final production project. That way you didn't waste time & effort only to be back here asking questions ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 17 August 2017 - 06:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users