• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

My OS is Win7 Home 32bit. I downloaded a free movie from YouTube. The movie is split up into 4  MP-4 files. Each file is 17.5 mb's. Is there a way with Easy Creator 10 to put the 4 file video clips into 1 movie file that will play from start to end without changing files? and compress and format the file so it will play on a stand alone dvd player?

Steve

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:00 AM

Easy Media Creator 10 is not compatible with Windows 7?  Creator 2010 is.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#3 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

I have to disagree with you. Easy Media Creator 10 is compatible with Windows 7.  I used the file copper to burn backup cd's and I have copied movies that I have downloaded from YouTube  that are 1 single file and burned them to dvd to play on my stand alone DVD player. I just don't know how to combine the 4 files into 1. Also I take it I would have to buy Creator 2010. There is an old saying " if it isn't broke don't fix it". I am running win7 on this laptop because I don't have a install disk for Win 8.1.

Easy Media Creator 10 is not compatible with Windows 7?  Creator 2010 is.

Edited by reble11, 20 August 2017 - 06:11 AM.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

It will fail over time, we do know as we have been there and tried to keep it running as well as trouble shooting with other users.

Win 8 is nothing you will ever miss having! Win 10, not so bad but no reason to make the leap as long as Win 7 works.

You can try putting your files together in VideoWave. Just pick all 4 at the same time (Add File) and load them. Make sure they are in order and Export As.

Try to find the 'Same as Original' It will be there if your clips are HD. Otherwise you can create a file, like an MP4 or an mpeg2. These will play on PC's and possibly play in a DVD/BD Player (not all accept it!). You will need to run a test file.

Creating a DVD is easy from VideoWave. Just Save the project (xxx.dmsm), close VW and open MyDVD. In MyDVD add the project file (xxx.dmsm) and burn a disc. Make sure you set it to HQ and keep discs to 1 hr for a 4.7 GB disc. ;)

#5 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

You said "Export As" export as what?

It will fail over time, we do know as we have been there and tried to keep it running as well as trouble shooting with other users.

Win 8 is nothing you will ever miss having! Win 10, not so bad but no reason to make the leap as long as Win 7 works.

You can try putting your files together in VideoWave. Just pick all 4 at the same time (Add File) and load them. Make sure they are in order and Export As.

Try to find the 'Same as Original' It will be there if your clips are HD. Otherwise you can create a file, like an MP4 or an mpeg2. These will play on PC's and possibly play in a DVD/BD Player (not all accept it!). You will need to run a test file.

Creating a DVD is easy from VideoWave. Just Save the project (xxx.dmsm), close VW and open MyDVD. In MyDVD add the project file (xxx.dmsm) and burn a disc. Make sure you set it to HQ and keep discs to 1 hr for a 4.7 GB disc. ;)

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

You really need to TRY these things! They will become self evident when you do -_-

#7 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Jim you didn't answer the question  "Export As" export as what?

You really need to TRY these things! They will become self evident when you do -_-

#8 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

You have to decide what to "Export As"- mp4, mpg or whayever you want.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#9 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

AAAAA    ok

You have to decide what to "Export As"- mp4, mpg or whayever you want.

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

Reble, You don't actually.

Since you said you were wanting to play the composite movie on a stand-alone DVD player, once you have the four pieces as one clip in Videowave 10 you can send it directly to MyDVD for burning without having to first "export as" anything.

See the DVD icon right next to the "Export As" button? That's the one to use.

Production 1.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

• reble11 likes this

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#11 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for the info. I will let you know the outcome.  2 other questions. This are old tv shows available free on YouTube. In "my dvd maker" is it possible to compress the hour long shows so 4 of the shows can fit on one 4.7 DVD?  I also have some 8.5gb blank DVDs.

Reble, You don't actually.

Since you said you were wanting to play the composite movie on a stand-alone DVD player, once you have the four pieces as one clip in Videowave 10 you can send it directly to MyDVD for burning without having to first "export as" anything.

See the DVD icon right next to the "Export As" button? That's the one to use.

attachicon.gifProduction 1.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

#12 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

Remember, a 4.7 GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video. You can compress the video but then you lose quality. If the source is already low quality then I would not bother trying to squeeze more the 60 minutes on a DVD.

I have found that the DL DVDs are more trouble then they are worth and don't bother using them. In fact I can no longer find them in any local electronics store.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#13 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

In VideoWave is there a way to change the "production name" to something else?

Remember, a 4.7 GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video. You can compress the video but then you lose quality. If the source is already low quality then I would not bother trying to squeeze more the 60 minutes on a DVD.

I have found that the DL DVDs are more trouble then they are worth and don't bother using them. In fact I can no longer find them in any local electronics store.

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Save As will do that if you don't like the original name.

Alternatively, you can name the Export file anything you want instead of the project name default.
  • reble11 likes this

#15 reble11

reble11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

K   thanks.  My dad always said "the only stupped question is the one that doesn't get asked"

Save As will do that if you don't like the original name.

Alternatively, you can name the Export file anything you want instead of the project name default.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Not so sure about that advice, I have asked some real doozies at times!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users