Sign in to follow this  
Levan

Roxio Game Capture Hd Crash

Question

So I'm trying to record PS2 Game Black, when i am running that game on interlace scan through component cable, and i don't have any problem.

However when i switch it to progressive scan the "Roxio Game Capture HD PRO" software crashes after few minutes first it starts to lag then it crashes.

However on "OBS" it doesn't crashes.

Any way to fix it

11 answers to this question

Don't see any reason why that would cause a crash of the software...

I would download the SP2 update and run that to force a refresh of the software in case something is corrupted.

Well i am running the 2.0 version, however upgrading to 2.1 version i think fixed it, well at least i managed to record 6 minutes of footage without a crash.

If only the software was better, I can't change the output format, i can't scale transform the video.

Well at least i can get the OBS to capture the signal.

M2TS is an industry standard. If you actually have to change it there are plenty of converter programs out there. Roxio did try to offer MP4 as an option but it really doesn't work. Often the first hint is that it fails and you not only have wasted your time, you original recording is deleted :o

What does "scale transform the video" mean?

It will only record at whatever the input quality is. If it is lower than 1920 X 1080, there is nothing to gain by recording at a higher quality other than wasting disc space for nothing.

M2TS is an industry standard. If you actually have to change it there are plenty of converter programs out there. Roxio did try to offer MP4 as an option but it really doesn't work. Often the first hint is that it fails and you not only have wasted your time, you original recording is deleted :o

What does "scale transform the video" mean?

It will only record at whatever the input quality is. If it is lower than 1920 X 1080, there is nothing to gain by recording at a higher quality other than wasting disc space for nothing.

I am aware of the M2TS container format and I'm aware of the bit rate and resolution situation, i don't need a forced 1080P video that will have no quality benefits.

However i want an option to select encoding formats, I want more control like output FPS.

By scale transform i meant this, Even though wide screen is enabled on PS2, the games still letterbox so i want to stretch the output to make it fit 16:9 aspect ratio.

See here post-132069-0-64536700-1503600436_thumb.jpg

You cannot "change" an aspect ratio, it is a law of mathematics! Have you ever seen a single BD Movie that does not have black bars at the top and bottom? They don't use 16:9 but seem to use whatever tickles their fancy.

If you are watching the action, you will never see the bars after a minute or so. People get all excited about them without ever realizing that they are all over the place all of the time.

However you can select how they are handled in VideoWave by simply clicking on the video clip and selecting Aspect Ratio ;) But there is no free ride. If you eliminate the side bars it will cost you portions of the top and bottom.

Well I am talking about stretching the image in such way to make the black borders disappear.

Up scaling the video resolution is good feature as well, when you are plan on live streaming, people tend not to like 480 streams, so that would have been a good feature as well.

However every thing i mention is something that OBS does, it is just too bad that roxio isn't more open to such software (for example i need to start then close roxio capture software, or otherwise OBS doesn't picks up the output signal properly), considering that it does so many things better then proprietary software.

Edited by Levan

You can't "stretch" anything without distortion! ALL you can do is enlarge and crop, losing portions of the sides. Up scaling is a joke. You can't make something better because the pixels you need are not there in the first place.

You expect more from software because you don't really know what is involved. Just like many think 60I is better than 30P... They are the same only different methods of displaying on a TV.

There is a huge difference between intarlaced and progressive scan, I don't want to deintarlace my video!!!

I am not stupid I know how aspect ratio works and if I want to stretch out my image I think that is up to me.

The fact is that propritary roxio software is bad and because if it's subpar drivers I can't utilize obs properly

There is a huge difference between intarlaced and progressive scan, I don't want to deintarlace my video!!!

I am not stupid I know how aspect ratio works and if I want to stretch out my image I think that is up to me.

The fact is that propritary roxio software is bad and because if it's subpar drivers I can't utilize obs properly

Oh well. You got your original problem solved. You might want to get a different software. Good luck.

Edited by grandpabruce

VideoWave ~ add a Color Panel to the Video Track

Now add your clip to the Fx1 track (or any overlay).

Stretch it and distort it till your happy and Export.

VideoWave ~ add a Color Panel to the Video Track

Now add your clip to the Fx1 track (or any overlay).

Stretch it and distort it till your happy and Export.

Thank you for providing information, however i am more of a ffmpeg guy or kdenlive

However that will not help me in live streams.

This is ready for live stream (recorded on OBS before the game dropped FPS and the recording cut off]

post-132069-0-88957500-1503746723_thumb.jpg

Output from roxio clearly not the same it is not ready for live stream at all [well at least it didn't crash]

post-132069-0-68931900-1503746390_thumb.jpg

The obs is using the half of roxios bit rate as well

Edited by Levan