4 replies to this topic

#1 Amy Carpinella

Amy Carpinella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi 

I am an NTX5 Pro user who has recently downgraded to 2011 Creator in an attempt to get back functionality that used to be in the Roxio Creator NTX sofware.    Unless I need to go back to NXTPro 2 or 3???  

Here is the problem - I have one set of slides and want to have 2 options for the user to choose if they want to view the slides with Relaxing Music or Upbeat Music.   Slideshow has waves/birds etc, in background and music is an "add-on" depending on which button you select.   

So - 190 slides, with sound effect of waves in background.    Created 2 menu buttons - one for each type of music to be played with the single slideshow.  I didn't want to make two slideshows each with their own music as it won't fit on one DVD and prefer not to create two separate DVDs as that increases cost.

Any ideas???  I have been fighting with the software for awhile and just can't seem to figure it out.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would be forever in your debt, as this is driving me insane.   Have downloaded some other products, but ultimately, I would like to use my Roxio software as I have paid for the full Roxio Creator NTX Pro 5 software and haven't had any luck.   I tried e-mail tech support and they said NXT Pro 5 doesn't have the ability but someone else in a forum awhile back, said it was in an earlier version.  I have serial numbers that go back to 2.   

Help!  Desperately trying to finish this project.

Thanks,

Amy

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

You would think there would be a simple solution for that, but alas...

You have to make 2 slideshows so that each one has the music you want to accompany it. Then you can have a menu with two Buttons for the user to pick from.

Keep in mind a DVD slideshow is a DVD Movie so the rule about HQ = 1 hour will apply -_-

#3 Amy Carpinella

Amy Carpinella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Jim - 2 slideshows just goes over the space limit.  I guess I'll have to punt and either pull photos out or take some audio out.    Wish there was an easier solution - All they have to do is let you put one slideshow in, have two separate buttons - play slide show with audio track 1 and then button two - play slide show with audio track 2.  

Now I have to figure out how to upgrade my software back  ;-)   

Thanks anyways

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

I know it can be done, like choosing a different language for the same movie but Roxio has never added that ability.

There are editor/authoring software that will do it and many have free trile periods. I would check in their user support area, like here, to find out ahead of time if that software can do it ;)

#5 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

One other thing, if you went from NXT 5 Pro to Creator 2011, you upgraded, not downgraded, since the earlier versions are better than the newer versions.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users